返回列表 发帖
How about CMT (Chartered Market Technician) after completing the CFA?  I see most CMT’s are also CFA charterholders but not the other way around..

I understand why you’d want to do the CFA after the CMT, but why would you do the CMT after the CFA?
Actually–why would you want to do the CMT at all?  Any chartists out there who care to offer an opinion?

If I weren’t tired of studying for exams, I’d do the CMT, because I think that technical analysis likely does add value.  I probably wouldn’t put CMT on my business card, though; I just want the walk-through of the knowledge.

There’s something about the structure of preparing for the exams that helps you read the stuff and assimilate it a bit better.
And yes, I actually have read some of the main texts for the CMT.

I agree, having too many certs in fact may send a message to potential employer you don’t know what you are doing. You must first know where you want to go in order to decide the path you need to take. For me, it’s simple:
For Corporate/Public Accounting - CPA (and perhaps CMA)
For Money Management and Investment Research/Analysis - CFA
For Financial Advisory - CFP
For Corporate Development (M&A) - CVA
For General Business Management / Entrepreneurship - MBA
That’s all the financial certs / degrees you need to know. Decide what you want to do and pick the one from above that is relevant and reputable in that field.

You just fired the first shot against the FRM and CAIA apologists.

I would not do the CVA.  The CVA is not a hard designation to get.  It is a “tack-on” certification for a CPA who already does business valuations.
The CVA is a week-long, really expensive CPE course with a final exam and an ongoing price tag every year.  Corporate Development will smile more on a CFA or ASA than on the CVA.

you bet i did CAIA and FRM are  for the people who can’t pass CFA. Those who passed CFA and then pursue CAIA and FRM are the losers who are insecure and can’t prove themselves at their current job so they keep compiling more and more useless credentials like these.

i agree with you on ASA but it is only for someone who wants to do reporting, compliance, litigation etc., sides of not just business valuations but also for the valuations of other assets. Just for the analytical side of the business valuation, I’d still stick with CVA, as it is more focused and detailed on the business valuatoin front.

CFA+FSA that should get you ahead of 99%.

返回列表