返回列表 发帖
The middle SS of FRA (covering pensions, multinational operations and intercorpoate investments) is pretty intense. Take some time getting through it.

I don't mean to turn this into my personal blog, but I think the suggestion of just lightly reading over quant was a good idea. I barely understood what the heck I was reading actually going through the chapter on time series (R13). So I went straight to the end of chapter summary and questions and I understood it all perfectly after that.

I'm starting to wonder if I'd by saving time with Schweser or something like that to help me understand the readings better.

Just dont give up.
From my experiences from L1, to materials I found hard to digest at the first time, re read it after a while may work better, because you have a bufferint for reflection. This method works as well in my financial reporting class. Of course it's not recommended for people lacking of time for prepartion, but im sure you are not among those.

wake2000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> currency swaps are nasty cousins.

+1. Freaking currency swaps are the worst. Nothing like trying to answer one of thoes questions on the pM session after your brain is already fried.

Equities: inflation forcasting together with Residual income valuation approach is hard.
long process, multistep calculations, messing up 1 small calculation can screw you up

corporate finance: replacement project NPV valuation;
long process, many factors to be taken into account: depretiation, ending value, selling value etc. again, messing up 1 step will get you no where.

FRA: translation and remeasurement in hyperinflationary economy for cash and non-cash items

Derivatives: dynamic/delta hedging; swaps

返回列表