返回列表 发帖
I finished my readings earlier and I did couple of reviews of all the study sessions. I was gonna do another review before I started taking practice exams. But I did take a practice exam and found out how "pathetic" my preparation was. I did well in Quants and FRA but did pretty badly in everything else.

I am glad I took the practice exam. Instead of doing another review, I will focus on my weak points and do another exam this week. I agree with others who urge to take practice exams in advance. This will tell you where you stand. PLEASE DON'T BE DISCOURAGED!!!

Thanks!

My first exam was an 81%, which is very close to yours. I still reviewed pretty hard until the exam, but I passed very comfortably, with everything >70%.

So keep it up and you're looking very good.

I just took the first test for Stalla over everything and scored a 73%. And also found that time was not nearly as big of an issue as I thought it would be. Although it was not easy and I have been studying hard for many months already I feel like I should not have scored that high. I cant help but think the real test will be harder. Does anyone else have insight into this who has used Stalla in the past?

You're joking right...there are over 70 readings

Each reading should take you a day, each study session a week.

A reading a day???

How will it take you a day when you have all the formulas to memorize.

Don't get caught up with memorizing things. NYCAnalyst86 is correct, a reading average about two/three hours at this stage. Just make sure you understand it. Comprehension will very much aid retention.

If you do this you will be finished your first run through by Christmas. You will be so far ahead of the pack then that you should feel very confident (there is a risk you would burn out doing this though)

I finished my first run through in Feb '09. When I completed the last reading I remembered very little, if anything, of the first reading. I then went through again, and finished my second reading in mid April. Qbank, sample tests, mocks, Schweser Volume 1 from then in to game day.

Estililia, you have so much time left - you have no cause for concern, apart from burnout.

You'll be fine, Soddy.

I started in Mid June and have been averaging a reading a day, except for Study Sessions 9-10, which took me about 2 days per reading.

Basically I try to do a reading a day from Schweser, the CFAI (only the multiple choice) questions for that reading, and then the Schweser questions for that reading. I don't even read the CFAI texts, they are too long and boring. I finish with a study session a week, and then on weekends I watch the Schweser video series for that study session to drill down the concepts. I haven't really dug into Qbank yet, I will do that once I'm done with all of the readings - in Mid November.

Formulas are fairly easy to memorize, after doing tons of questions you will have them in the back of your head.

A few weeks ago I took a practice exam for Study Sessions 2-10 on Qbank and scored an 84%, so I think that's fine.

Currently I'm on SS 15 and on pace to finish by Mid-November (Skipped SS1 - Ethics, doing it last)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at Wednesday, October 7, 2009 at 01:59PM by NYCAnalyst86.

Thank you guys! Maybe that's what my problem is. I have been reading off the CFA books and it is taking me a long time to get through them.

No they will give you full credit for the 44%

返回列表