上一主题:LinkedIn group
下一主题:Taking the CFA Level 2 Exam right after college graduation?
返回列表 发帖
I started with economics and am Still in economics. This thing is like rocket science for me. I hope the other readings would be easier.

I find writing a notes and drawing charts helpful.

sbanda Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I started with economics and am Still in
> economics. This thing is like rocket science for
> me. I hope the other readings would be easier.
>
> I find writing a notes and drawing charts helpful.

Don't waste too much time there and move on. I hate Econ, all these charts were just chinese to me. I don't know how many times I complained here abt it. On mock exams I used to score randomly good or bad, with no clear trend. On exam day, i found the AM session sooo easy, but the PM session just killed me. I was sure I'll score around 50% in Econ, but somehow, i think I just killed the morning session since I managed to get over 70% in Econ, good surprise.
So don't waste too much time there, move on and come back at the end. Focus on big beasts like FRA, Quants, FI or equity

Miss*Yiota Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> sbanda Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I started with economics and am Still in
> > economics. This thing is like rocket science
> for
> > me. I hope the other readings would be easier.
> >
> > I find writing a notes and drawing charts
> helpful.
>
>
> Don't waste too much time there and move on. I
> hate Econ, all these charts were just chinese to
> me. I don't know how many times I complained here
> abt it. On mock exams I used to score randomly
> good or bad, with no clear trend. On exam day, i
> found the AM session sooo easy, but the PM session
> just killed me. I was sure I'll score around 50%
> in Econ, but somehow, i think I just killed the
> morning session since I managed to get over 70% in
> Econ, good surprise.
> So don't waste too much time there, move on and
> come back at the end. Focus on big beasts like
> FRA, Quants, FI or equity

I know I know

Going to start end of the month.

at Jordanwang007

I am also on FRA, halfway through its taking me a bit more time than anticipated. (probably because Its my weakness, least exciting)

I felt Ethics was indepth but not too bad, Economics I found the quickest so far, Quant was a bit of work and I will need to revisit it but thats ok.

FRA is just dragging! just finished ratios and DuPont ROE decomposition today.

I have found my pace right up to recently to be quite good, spending about 2 hours on CFA everyday and about double on the weekends for the past 3 - 4 months but i must say i have finally hit a wall.

My motivation just dropped in the last week. what to do? perhaps take a few days off.

Once i get past FRA I feel I will enjoy the rest of the material moreso, Equity, FI, Alt, PM perhaps with the exception of corp finance. anyone done these? which did they find the most challenging?

i started about 1 month ago and have glances at everything except ethics... its all an undergrad review which makes it quite boring.....

the difference for me is that I have seen it all but I am far from ready to attack this on an exam.. but I am using a lot more skimming

first post here. I'm finishing ethics and quant today after 2 months. I need to step it up. Havent changed my lifestyle at all, so sometimes a week goes by that I dont open the book. 5 books left, 4 months to go. Any suggestions?

Start doing questions, even if you haven't read the material, especially the calculation questions. It will be an incentive to study and it will not only test your knowledge and give you facts, but the solutions will also encourage a problem-solving mindset. And who knows, they might even ask a similar question on the exam.

I would get through the readings as quickly as possible and go right to any questions.

Learn by doing questions because that's all you'll be doing on the exam...questions...not regurgitating material from memory.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Saturday, August 6, 2011 at 04:55PM by jonathankyim.

finished wid quants so far...bt still need a review on it...will start wid corporate finance next..

I actually think Goodwill's plan is not that bad. Start with the easy things, then focus on the main topics. Better to have the main topics fresh comes exam day than the easy ones.

Done with ethics, quant, econ...moving into FRA

Good luck everyone

返回列表
上一主题:LinkedIn group
下一主题:Taking the CFA Level 2 Exam right after college graduation?