返回列表 发帖

78% on First Schweser Test from volume 1

Guys,

I did my fist schweser practice test and scored a 78%......I am very curios about how this score stack up against everyone else's and the real exam. I am thinking test 1 is the easiest and remaining test will probably get more difficult from here on out. I intend to do one test every week and I will post my scores. I would like to hear anyone's thought about the schweser tests, especially test 1 from the first volume.
Thanks

To
agjamesnewyork (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user]

Guys,

I did my fist schweser practice test and scored a 78%......I am very curios about how this score stack up against everyone else's and the real exam. I am thinking test 1 is the easiest ...........

----------------------------

How many times did you revise before taking the test? I will be done this week with my first pass of the CFAI notes and have started with Q-bank a week ago. Can't recollect a thing from past. Not sure how much I will score on the test, if I take one now.

Should I?

to vpatel9

the course is so long and there is so much material - if you keep pushing (procrastrinating) - you never know what to revise, and to what depth. take your first test asap, use that as a benchmark before the 2nd test - to drive your review process. that is the only way open, esp. with less than 2 months to go before the big test.

CP

vpatel9,

I completely agree with CPK123. I am using the test to help me with the review. I've read most of the material, except Alternatives. If you have read the entire material, then you should do a review to find out where you need to focus. If you already strong in quant and weak in econ, you can find out by taking the test and then focus on your weak areas.

By the way, I intend to do all the practice test similar to the real test conditions, which should help me to build the stamina I need for the exam. Hopefully, this will help me to pass. I would hate to have to go through 20hrs per week of studying for three months again.

Good Luck and keep us posted on your progress.

At agjamesnewyork

78% in Schweser in October.

Seriously mate, you have it in the bag. I scored 78% on that test last year. The main event was a lot easier.

cpk123 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> to vpatel9
>
> the course is so long and there is so much
> material - if you keep pushing (procrastrinating)
> - you never know what to revise, and to what
> depth. take your first test asap, use that as a
> benchmark before the 2nd test - to drive your
> review process. that is the only way open, esp.
> with less than 2 months to go before the big test.

+1

Do you know anyone who is scored 70% or above on Schweser exams but failed the actual CFA exam?

I am very curios about the accuracy of the Schweser test.

From my own experience, I thought taking practice exams one 3-hr exam at a time was better for me. I did about 12 practice exams from Schweser. Stalla and CFAI mock but I never took 2 3-hr on the same day during practice.

Schweser & Stalla practice exams are more lenghty/time consuming than actual exam because actual exams had less computation. I had plenty of time to finish the exams in both AM & PM sessions.

Schweser and/or Stalla practice exams definitely helped pointing out my weaker areas and helped me review those. If you score mid 70s to 80s in these practice exams, you should be fine.

Also CFAI mock exams were very helpful for June 09 L1. Make sure to spend enough time reviewing the quetions from CFAI mocks.

Hi all,

When should you take the Schweser exams? After each study session? I haven't gotten it yet. I am taking the practice exams after each chapter.

Thanks.

estelilia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi all,
>
> When should you take the Schweser exams? After
> each study session? I haven't gotten it yet. I am
> taking the practice exams after each chapter.
>
> Thanks.

Hi Estelilia,

If you do the end of chapter CFAI questions and end of chapter Schweser questions after each reading.

Do a CFAI sample when you have finished your first reading of the curriculum & then do a lot of Qbanks.

Do the Schweser exam & CFAI mock exams in the weeks coming up to exam day.

Best of luck, Soddy.

返回列表