返回列表 发帖

What Schweser materials to buy?

So I plan n picking up some Schweser materials for my review following my completion of the CFAI texts. I think I might buy package one (the cheapest at 350). However, I wish there was a way to buy just the Schwesser notes a la carte.

In any case, what are the essential Schweser prep materials?

Sorry about not searching too extensively, most of those threads do not directly address what I am asking for.

Everyone uses Schweser.

If you want just the notes, then the Notes Pack at $329 comes with the 5 books as well as a practice exam book. In my opinion, it's worth it to buy the "Essential Solution" which includes Qbank as well as the 2nd practice exam book. Repetition of concepts and questions at L1 is critical in your preparation for the actual exam and Qbank will help you do this.

If you've already gone through the CFA textbook and understand everything, you may want to forgo the Schweser notes and just go for the QBank and Practice Exams. The notes will just be a rehashed summary (albeit better explained) version of the CFA textbook. I also found the Secret Sauce incredibly useful for revising during the last few weeks.

Anyone else? I am kind of put off by the price tag of essential solution...

I have a grasp of most of the CFAI texts subjects, yet I think that seeing some different wording might help. How much did you invest with Shweser?

Did you pass L1?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 11:39AM by nuppal.

notes for sure

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 11:40AM by cfagoal2.

notes. and if possible the software

Any suggestions on review courses? Some people I work with took the tests years ago and there used to be a class in North Carolina that was at the beginning of the study time. For example, I am taking the test in June 2010 and there would have been a class that was in Jan/Feb so you can get an idea of a good study plan. If anyone has taken the 3-day Schweser review class, I am interested to know if it is worth it?

Making a decision in two days. Buy the Notes or Essential Prep package? I am leaning towards EP now because I don't want to miss out on anything by not having QBank at my disposal.

you need Qbank -- worth it --

Buy Qbank.

返回列表