上一主题:Let's hear some POSITIVE stories about Level II!
下一主题:Minimum Passing Score
返回列表 发帖

The CFA spys are among us

They are here watching no doubt... so be careful of what you say here!

Listen, and understand. That CFA spy is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your exam results are voided.

Loss avoidance - I rather have my exam fairly graded and have a shot at passing than discussing specific questions and a guaranteed fail, void, suspension, basically something not good.

NO EXCUSES

Overconfidence : voiding of results / suspension from program cannot happen to me

My (naive) question is, how would they identify you if you don't have your name in your profile? and also considering AF has a pledge of not revealing any personal information on its members.

I don't know I rather indulge in some confirmation bias

yep

no point in discussing exam specifics here... generalities are probably fine, but the intricacies of individual questions or even the topics tested... no thanks.

charterbeggar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My (naive) question is, how would they identify
> you if you don't have your name in your profile?
> and also considering AF has a pledge of not
> revealing any personal information on its members.

Yeah but that clearly didn't happen 2 years ago when people got expelled for the spreadsheets. Obv AF gave them up. Also it's the internet, no information is safe, they'll find out who you are one way or another.

this has been discussed numerous times, no AF didnt give them up, the CFAI got their names from their emails themselves ..............and just because you wont get caught doesnt mean that you should violate the agreement you signed..................

charterbeggar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My (naive) question is, how would they identify
> you if you don't have your name in your profile?
> and also considering AF has a pledge of not
> revealing any personal information on its members.

The people that got caught compiled spreadsheets and sent them out to whoever requested it. If you registered with the same email here as you did with the CFAI, it's a pretty easy catch.

Those old CFAI spys had real profiles. We spotted them easy, but these are new. They look human... sweat, bad breath, everything. Very hard to spot. I had to wait till he moved on a poster before I could zero him.

Come with me if you want to live.

Okay guys and girls, here is something to consider if you think your AF moniker offers you any anonymity.

Your posting history on here betrays a lot of information about you. Cross referencing information gleamed from your posts regarding your sex, location, employment and information about previous years exam results (ie, pass / fail bands and, most crucially, your exam tablulation details), the CFAI would be able to quite quickly take that big long list of ~46,000 Level 3 candidates and whittle it down to a very, very small list indeed.

In some cases it may well be a list with just one name on it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at Monday, June 6, 2011 at 03:46PM by mutton.

返回列表
上一主题:Let's hear some POSITIVE stories about Level II!
下一主题:Minimum Passing Score