返回列表 发帖

When can I use ", CFA" ?

I'm now a regular member of CFAI and my local society. Am I permitted to use the letters after my name immediately upon receipt of a "pass" email for Level 3, or is there another step still after that?

I'm pretty sure you have to pay the fee first.

Everything's paid from a membership standpoint. Is there another fee for them to "award the charter?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Thursday, August 4, 2011 at 12:30PM by kyle1984.

You will get a separate email indicating you can use it. If you're a regular member it should only be a week or so after the exam results.

Did you pay your dues and sign the PCP statement? There was an example about this dude who took a bike ride through China for a few years and was still using the letters behind his name. Turned out to be a violation.

NO EXCUSES

bpdulog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There was an example about this dude who took a
> bike ride through China for a few years...

Musta been one hell of a bike ride!

Any questions, call the CFA Institute and ask them... they're reliable.

Once you pass L3 and have met the work requirements and paid your dues, CFAI will send you a letter (or maybe email) saying something like "Your charter is being prepared, blah blah blah. You should receive it in the mail shortly. You may now use the CFA designation." Usually it takes a week or two after this email for it to show up on the directory but you can still use it during that time. I seem to recall getting that letter sometime in September or maybe really early October. Bottom line is you cannot use the designation until they tell you, even if you passed L3, have your work experience approved and paid your dues.

> Once you pass L3 and have met the work requirements and paid your dues, CFAI will send you a letter

IIRC, there's an important step in the process you've left out: _CFAI must award you the charter_.

They meet several times/yr to do this. There's always a meeting shortly after the L3 test results to sweep in everyone who had all their other boxes checked. They may then meet perhaps monthly through the autumn, awarding a batch of charters each time.

What do you call yourself if you have passed L III but have not yet met the work requirements?

返回列表