返回列表 发帖
I'm now an active member of the CFA Institute, all my work experience got approved, and I passed. Should I be waiting for something else, or am I a Charterholder?

Unfortunately, you cannot call yourself a charterholder until you get your charter or a confirmation e-mail from CFAI.

any idea how long that takes?

There was a thread about this subject last year... I think you'll get an e-mail after about two weeks. I read in a different thread that the charters will be mailed out in October.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Tuesday, August 16, 2011 at 02:52PM by cityboy.

from friend's experiences - the local society also has a charter awarding ceremony - where they present you in person with a 2nd charter. (the other one comes in the mail from the CFA Institute).

so might make sense to attend the party (at least in Washington DC society they have a new charter member's awarding ceremony).

CP

I am already a member of the local society and have been approved for work experience. Does that make me a charterholder?

Paraguay Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am already a member of the local society and
> have been approved for work experience. Does that
> make me a charterholder?

No. You are not a charterholder until CFAI says you are. Assuming you have met all the criteria, you will get an email or letter saying you can start using the designation. That should come sometime late Sep or early Oct. That is when you can put ,CFA after your name. A few weeks after that, your charter will show up in the mail.

hezagenius Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Paraguay Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I am already a member of the local society and
> > have been approved for work experience. Does
> that
> > make me a charterholder?
>
>
> No. You are not a charterholder until CFAI says
> you are. Assuming you have met all the criteria,
> you will get an email or letter saying you can
> start using the designation. That should come
> sometime late Sep or early Oct. That is when you
> can put ,CFA after your name. A few weeks after
> that, your charter will show up in the mail.

What I expected. The process on a lot of this is a bit cumbersome and not explained well for those that aren't in larger group offices where there are others who have previously received the charter.

Hi everybody,

do I understand it right that the 375$ (100 for local society + 275 for CFA Institute) have to be paid every year for having the membership!?

I think you might get away with not paying the local society membership, but you really need to be a member of CFAI to retain the charter.

返回列表