上一主题:To sit or not to sit level 1.
下一主题:跪求申请执照的工作经验怎么写
返回列表 发帖
what are you currently doing? really depends on your career trajectory....

dont give up! here is my story:
june 08 band 4 (wedding the next day, so didnt really have time to study)
dec 08 band 7 (signed up late, studied hard but didnt have enough time for review at the end)
june 11 passed with only 2 topics 50-70%, the rest >70%

review time is crucial!!!

Not to sound like a jackass, but how do people with masters in finance not pass these exams on the first attempt? I don't have a finance background, so I'm wondering what these programs actually teach/prepare you for...?

Dear Meenakshi,

First of all never use hope. Academically I'm a bright student as did O level then A level then got distinction in graduation and passed Level 1 in the first attempt without finance background. Whereas I've been rejected by 11 companies and I couldn't get job. Consistently I've been unemployed for the last one year and now I've finally got the job and a good one. The point to mention is that never loose hope and put in your best..

Now coming to the point the first thing is to shift your focus from Shweser to Curriculum especially to those areas which are weak and you've secured less than 70 in them. Furthermore the questions in the exam are tricky and one liners. Straight away the lines are asked. For instance in Ethics recommendations procedures can be asked and they are lines which are written in curriculum. Reading the curriculum especially Ethics is necessary to pass through.

Secondly try organizing yourself while you are reading. For instance there are several points which are about IFRS and USGAAP in FRA. Try making a chart where you separate the treatments for IFRS and USGAAP. You can make separate notes, summary notes or you can make these charts on the side of your existing books which you follow. Make sure your reading and organizing is complete by the 1st week of November.

Third the strategy which I used to study was to read in chunks and make 4,5 chunks a day. For me the chunks are of 20 minutes maximum. I couldn't cram, the only thing which I could do was to re-read. The first topic which I started was Fixed Income, then Quants, then FRA, then Corporate Finance, then Portfolio, Equity, Derivatives, Alternates, Ethics and Economics. After completing my reading I repeated all the books in 2 weeks. Since I was organized while giving the second reading I was quick in terms of time. Then I gave mocks and found myself confident. You can use this strategy.

Last but not the least you've to be positive and focused. Don't think of what that has happened but think of December 2011. You can do it! Trust yourself and be scientific in passing the exam. Avoid those people who are negative and try to be optimistic.

I wish you all the best in case you require any assistance; you are most welcome.

Good Luck!

Then again, if you can't touch the rim, you're probably not cut out to be an NBA player.

The exam is all about time and effort. Seems like your not putting in enough work on your weak areas. Pound out the practice questions, mock exams, and repeat until the material sticks.

You really need to sit down and think if the CFA is right for you. What you want to do in life, where you trying to go with the CFA etc.

your third attempt at Lv1 is crazy. The Lv1 exam is like a finance 101. Lv2 is probably 100 times harder, and more complex. With the being said, good luck with whatever path you choose. And if you stick out the CFA put your head down and get to work, NO EXCUSES!

You're welcome. I've some quick summaries for Fixed Income, Economics, & Quantitative Methods. In case you require them let me know at my email id mohammad.belaal@live.com I'll email you those. They are like flow charts and will greatly help you out in achieving your desired score.

返回列表
上一主题:To sit or not to sit level 1.
下一主题:跪求申请执照的工作经验怎么写