> I read ethics 3 months back since then I was
> scoring around 75% in schweser and 85% in ELAN and
> 65% in CFAI. The whole thursday ethics day for
> me.
>
> @ cokecan:
> Iam also on same boat around 63% on CFAI mock. I
> think we should nt worry abt % at this point and
> give everything we can for last 4 days.
>
> @ bruinbanker: You are safe man.
>
> Waht happens if somebody scores >70% on the exam
> and
they will still pass you if you are in the 50-70 range for ethics…. there was a thread where people posted their scores from the real exam and Im sure I saw people with 50-70 in ethics and an overall pass.

Baystreet’s right. You can pass with a 50-70% in ethics.

@vipon: When you say names, I assume you are referring to the standards of professional conduct. Yes, you are right – it is absolutely critical to understand each standard and how it is applied. But, the ethics questions very rarely specify which “name” or standard of professional conduct it is addressing.
Sometimes, it’s easily discernable, such as the questions regarding how a CFA Candidate should specify their current CFA designation on their resume – Standard 7: Responsibilities as a CFA Institute Member or CFA Candidate.
But, more often than not, the ethics questions are vague enough that, it’s not perfectly clear which standard applies. A test-taker could easily think that the nature of the question applies to one standard, when it actually applies to another. Having a quick mnemonic to recall each standard served to remind me that I needed to clearly distinguish which standard was being addressed.
@SeeEfAye: I take exception with your statement. I got >70% on the Ethics section last June. My hope is that by sharing my strategy in tackling the Ethics section, others may benefit and many have expressed that they have.
With the immense volume of information that the CFA L1 covers, these memory shortcuts helped me pass Level 1 last June.
Best of luck to all this weekend.

返回列表
上一主题:How quantitative is the exam?
下一主题:References sources ethics