上一主题:Current vs Temporal Question
下一主题:Ability to Tolerate Risk
返回列表 发帖
Since you're a yield curve analysis expert, here's what I think. I think you're a zero coupon bond maturing on June 5th You're golden man.

Peaking to Early?

Hi

Ok here's the problem. I started studying in August 09 straight after I got my level one results (above 70 in all sections by the way). I started from the CFA texts and went through every page in detail writing notes and doing every EOC problem ensuring I had mastered every detail. By Jan 2010 I had finished with over 500 pages of notes. Since then I moved on to Schweser and did almost the same process rewriting my notes and doing all the EOC problems. I managed to get my notes down to 240 pages and completed them at the beginning of April. Since then I've all the practice exams I can get my hands on and have been averaging 94% including all of Schwesers question bank. I estimate I have done around 1100 hours study. I also have a PhD in yeild curve analysis.

So my question is with a month to the exam have I peaked too early?

Please try to keep your score reasonable come exam day. We don't want the top 1% to be near perfect.

XL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please try to keep your score reasonable come exam
> day. We don't want the top 1% to be near perfect.

The top 1% rule to determine the MPS has been abandoned.

i sense the first ever 100% on the CFA exam. Dude, you are way behind the curve. Most people here have logged over 2000 hours so you have some catching up to do...get to work and stop being lazy!

PhD in Yeild Curve analysis? Brilliant place for a typo...

You're peaking early, but I'm sure you'll be fine. Continue reviewing for the next month and don't let up, and you'll be fine. Even if you get the totally unacceptable score of 91, you'll still pass.

+1.

starter of this thread might be one of them. A PhD in Yield Curve Analysis and the score below just do not add up... esp, scores in Fixed Income and Derivatives. The search function rocks.

Re: Band 10's only...
Posted by: BobFishcake (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user]
Date: August 18, 2009 08:39PM

Level 2: Fail

The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area.

Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70%
- Alternative Investments 18 * - -
- Corporate Finance 36 - - *
- Derivatives 36 * - -
- Economics 18 - * -
- Equity Investments 72 - - *
- Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - *
- Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - - *
- Fixed Income Investments 36 - * -
- Portfolio Management 18 - - *
- Quantitative Methods 18 - * -

Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10

Is this a joke to make fun of all the people that come on here and are like im averaging 71.1% on schweser and 72.3% on EOC..How am i going to do? Am I ok? Please hold my hand and tell me its going to be alright..

Those posts should be banned.

On the other hand if your just bragging about how you have done more work then any other CFA candidate in history- congratulatons on already passing (and having no life).

there should be a new thread now ban this sucker...any one agree??

BobFishcake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi
>
> Ok here's the problem. I started studying in
> August 09 straight after I got my level one
> results (above 70 in all sections by the way). I
> started from the CFA texts and went through every
> page in detail writing notes and doing every EOC
> problem ensuring I had mastered every detail. By
> Jan 2010 I had finished with over 500 pages of
> notes. Since then I moved on to Schweser and did
> almost the same process rewriting my notes and
> doing all the EOC problems. I managed to get my
> notes down to 240 pages and completed them at the
> beginning of April. Since then I've all the
> practice exams I can get my hands on and have been
> averaging 94% including all of Schwesers question
> bank. I estimate I have done around 1100 hours
> study. I also have a PhD in yeild curve analysis.
>
> So my question is with a month to the exam have I
> peaked too early?

Yes, you have and you might be suffering from premature ejaculation problem, mate!!

返回列表
上一主题:Current vs Temporal Question
下一主题:Ability to Tolerate Risk