上一主题:Ethics quiz 3
下一主题:Standard Deviation Disclosure in GIPS
返回列表 发帖

To be or not to be ... studying

Everybody on this forum seems so well prepped- I feel so unprepared(which I am ). As the exam gets closer i am contemplating whether there is a point to even trying to read the ton of stuff i still have.

<Just ranting off - not expecting replies>

@spanishesk - I see your point, Thanks much !!!

Why not do it? Worst case, you suffer and waste 10 days of your life. Id say you have much more to gain than lose right now (and to keep it related, ill compare it to having a put option on a stock - protects you on the downside like shorting the stock, but has capped losses while shorting the stock does not. You have the put option, might as well use it).

I disagree with the options analogy. Buying a put is not the same as shorting the stock. Also buying a put does not guarantee that you would lose just the premium you paid. This is a misconception in practice.

Consider that you hold a in the money put at expiration. If you do not sell it you will exercise it automatically thereby selling the shares at strike. If you do not own shares in the underlying then you will be short, and if the stock open up higher come Monday due to whatever news over the weekend then bam! You just lost more money.

Just being annoying and disagreeing :-)

hahah this is turning into a big hypothetical. Maybe we could enter into an equity swap at the same time we buy the put option to hedge from this (ridiculous) scenario.

Study the imp chapters from equity fra and fixed.read ethics once thoroughly. And even I am not prepared despite being at it since feb 20.

I feel under-prepared as well despite being a re-taker!

Btw I have this doubt - is the result based just on overall score or is there a requirement of minimum scores in each of the sections as well ?

As in can i concentrate of FRA + ethics+ Equity + Portfolio only and pass if i have an overall score over 70%?

as long as your total score is above the MPS, you pass. Some believe in the ethics adjustment, where if yuo are on the border of passing and do well on ethics you will pass. But overall, you could fail every small section (hypothetically) and ace all the big sections, and as long as that is above a 70% you would pass.

I do not suggest this strategy however, because the big sections are so big, you will not be able to know it all.

Thanks again -- that helps me plan better. I was planning to read all sections completely but now at least i can skip a few chapters in other sections while I revise more on FRA + Equity+ Ethics+ Portfolio and maybe corp fin....

I am just making plans as I go, lets see how it all works out !!!

返回列表
上一主题:Ethics quiz 3
下一主题:Standard Deviation Disclosure in GIPS