上一主题:Eurodollars....
下一主题:Butterfly spread max payoff
返回列表 发帖

I just need to vent

I hate this exam. I am miserable studying. I obviously enjoy finance since I work in the field but this exam is just ridiculous.

My brain is in overload. This is so mentally straigning.

Also, the Schweser Qbank annoys the heck out of me. They ask questions that aren't even covered in the CFAI books! I would like my money back.

Yes, I know, I'm just a whiny little girl but somebody out there knows how I feel

Good luck guys. Feel free to use this post to vent to the CFA gods

lolz i ws v tempted to create an 'official venting thread' past days.
So let's use this thread for this purpose.

I feel ya king. I finish one topic and forget another. Bottom line is we don't have to know everything, just 70%.

Stay positive and keep pushing. It's almost over

I sooooo agree!!!! There is just to much material and even though I feel that I have put in the hours and covered the material I am terrified that come exam day I will open that book and find that they are asking a bunch of nit-picky trick questions! And no matter how much I study, I still feel that there are huge gapping holes....ever time I fill one, I discover a new one....how on earth are we expected to remember EVERYTHING???? I have to say taht I was considerably more relaxed two weeks before L1 last December.

Yeah it's too overwhelming and I find, mentally, I'm just not into it as much as Level I. Definitely thinking I'll be seeing this thing next June. But will work my butt off the next two weeks.

anyone else out there feel like they're about to get fired from their jobs because of this exam? I am not mentally at work even I'm physically there meaning I'm making so many stupid mistakes its ridiculous. On top of that, I'm taking a top of days off. They will probably realize this group runs just as good without me so they don't really need me. Thanks CFA

tmishin, I hear ya on that one. I am just doing the bare minimum to stay afloat for another 2 weeks and piling up a mountain of work for later...

Thank god I'm not the only one - I'm really struggling with retention for L2 - same boat, I review one topic and forget the other. I'm not anywhere close to confident, but am planning to hammer through as many practice exams and questions as possible the next two weeks and see how it goes. I'm so overwhelmed :S

from someone who has taken this test before here's some advice:

break each topic down by section and break each section into its fundamentals.

for example: FSA can be broken into Intercorporate Investments, Pensions, Multinational Ops, and L1Review/Earnings Quality.

break these down into formulas and notes that you can use for practice questions and tests.

there is a lot of material, but you can manage it and how you manage it will determine if you pass/fail.

remember - if what you're reading/studying is worth knowing - it will be on the test.

(I agree on the Q-bank being terrible for L2 - use the questions and mock exams on the CFAI site. The text is your #1 asset.)

mar350 - your comment about the Qbank being terrible - just made my day better because I hate that thing.

How do you feel about the Schweser mocks?

返回列表
上一主题:Eurodollars....
下一主题:Butterfly spread max payoff