上一主题:Mutual funds cash positions
下一主题:Financial vs Operating Leverage
返回列表 发帖

How hard is it to get desired job in your country now?

Hi Guys

Please state which country you are from and how difficult it is to get employment in the job/industry of your choice right now.

It may also be interesting to note to what degree passing Level 1 will assist you in getting the job you desire (if known).

South Africa - I am currently working for Deloitte as tax accountant.
Jobs in financial markets are currently few and hard to get. I feel that I might need to get into an administrative stockbroking position first, before I can actually get into a broking/dealing/trading (front office) position.
Passing should assist me in getting into the industry, however, i am a bit sceptical and don't expect miracles.
Not a great time for a career change, especially into financial markets, I know!

I am from Brazil and was working in Sao Paulo in the Back Office of a large Broker from a multinational Bank...
They had moved two years ago to Santiago, Chile and now I am working in Queretaro, Mexico in a completely different department (Corporative Projects).
I am planning to quit this job and try to find something in Financial Markets here in Mexico, especially in Brokers/Banks, but, as I am living here for just a month, I don't have the acknowledgment of how hard it will be to find something interesting....

Ireland - a few of the banks are hiring again but very very little - most of my friends are still getting made redundant!

Are you in the IFSC KarenC

I am indeed - are you? or just trying to guess where all the banks are in Dublin? ;)

Down near the new bridge......does the company name start with a C by any chance?

No, but I think I know the company you are talking about. Are you down this end also?

No I'm up closer to Connolly - so you're further down than citi.....hmm......Does it start with an A or P?

I'm right on the quays. If you email cfasod@gmail.com we can chat more about it.

I only have access to my work email - hotmail/gmail blocked - think you can behave yourself if I use that?

返回列表
上一主题:Mutual funds cash positions
下一主题:Financial vs Operating Leverage