上一主题:M2 - How to interpret undermanagement
下一主题:P/B calculation, problem 12, P. 563, Equity?
返回列表 发帖

Anyone passed level 1 exam at the age of 24 and below?

Hi guys, im a graduated student which has no experience at all in finance industry, i decide to take level 1 exam in june, from what i read in this forum there are many people who take exams at around late 20s and all have several years of experience, so I wanna ask are there many people who just graduated and study CFA? Is there any limitation in studying because I dont have any advantage and experience at all?

Thanks

I've signed up for level 1 exam at 19 and I don't feel disadvantaged at all (majoring in finance).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 03:59PM by b_sea93.

wow 19 is quite young rite, i thought at least candidate must study final year in order to register for cfa level 1?

Yes, you must be in your final year for L1 and you need to have a 4-years degree for L2. In my region (ex-USSR and Eastern Europe) you normally finish your high school at 16-17 and get bachelors degree by 20-21.

As to whether you need to have experience in finance in order to pass: you can find quite a few people on this forum, who passed L1 (and, I guess, L2 and L3 as well) without any background in finance (neither professional experience, nor a degree), so there's really no reason to feel intimidated by lack of experience.

i just passed level 1, 24 years old...there are plenty of people that pass at all ages....having a degree in finance or accounting is helpful, but i dont think the test is impossible if you don't have one....it's all about preparation...set a schedule, stick to it, study hard, and you will pass...don't take any of the sections lightly, and make sure you UNDERSTAND every concept

passed 1 week ago when I was 21 - now im 22

Registered for December level 1 - marketing undergrad, 6 months in PE fund... From my point of view it's just about studying a bit harder without no finance experience and givin' it a bit more time... everything is possible with the right attitude - sky is the limit

I passed level 1 and I'm 23. Get it done when you're young.

my friend is 23 sitting for lvl 3 this june. (he passed lvl 2 with 30 days of studying)
last week i met someone who is 40ish and finished all 3 levels on 03,04 and 05 respectively. he then tells me he is doing logistics.
i say to him "Give me ur charter if u dun plan to use it!!!"

Im 23 sitting for Level 2 in June, I have a degree in Finance though

返回列表
上一主题:M2 - How to interpret undermanagement
下一主题:P/B calculation, problem 12, P. 563, Equity?