上一主题:Quiz - Hedge Fund Performance Evaluation
下一主题:credit curve steepener
返回列表 发帖

clearing L1 with less than 50% in ethics

ok...i've heard that it is impossible to pass level 1 without passing ethics......i cleared L1 with a below 50 in ethics (see below). ny reasons for this anomaly ?

Level 1: Pass

The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area.

Multiple Choice
Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70%
- Alternative Investments 8 - - *
- Corporate Finance 20 - - *
- Derivatives 12 - - *
- Economics 24 - - *
- Equity Investments 24 - - *
- Ethical & Professional Standards 36 * - -
- Financial Reporting & Analysis 48 - - *
- Fixed Income Investments 28 - - *
- Portfolio Management 12 - - *
- Quantitative Methods 28 - - *

Your aggregrate score was above MPS.

Ethics adjustments work the other way around. If you're borderline, an excellent Ethics score can bump you to a pass.

agree with 4Tay, dude you bombed all other sections with >70, but please don't become next Bernie Madoff.

literunner, did you ever work for Enron or Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC?

$%&@ Ethics, who needs 'em?

Seriously though, that's pretty funny that you killed every section and then totally bombed on ethics.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Wednesday, August 5, 2009 at 05:32PM by kevin.venanzi.

Wow. Did you have ethical bypass at birth? Just kidding.

thats sick...straight up p*ssing all over CFAI when you can pass with a less than 50 in ethics!

I'm suprised CFAI hasn't established a rule that you must score in at least the middle range on ethics to pass the exam...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Thursday, August 6, 2009 at 11:25AM by billbelemy22.

and give them another reason to fail more and more...i guess the reason is that literunner wasnt a borderline case and he cleared the MPS by some margin...if he would have been a borderline the story would have been different..
so i guess CFA is pretty consistent on the unsaid rule of Ethics

to be honest, I didn't touch ethics at all....the reason being tht i was way behind schedule, and the only thing that would have stopped me from finishing the material would have been reading ethics midway through my preparation....tht would have totally stalled my momentum. by the end, i was only just able to finish the curriculum - ethics, and hence the @#$%& result !!

.....nyways, next time around, i'll reserve some time for ethics to make up for the poor show. good luck for L2 guys !!!!

Literunner, I am just curious these are your first posts on this forum and it is on a controversial area.

The foundation of CFAI and the Investment world is ETHICS, It is easy for me to believe the "myth" that you should not be able to pass any level of the CFA exam without a passing score in ethics, but that appears to have been "shredded"with your result.

返回列表
上一主题:Quiz - Hedge Fund Performance Evaluation
下一主题:credit curve steepener