上一主题:Schweser question bank
下一主题:Schweser QBank too calculation-oriented?
返回列表 发帖

Mind/Body Tips for Exam

Some exam day tips to keep you going strong through the exam:

Nervousness/Stress - Vist exam center if you haven't done so. Carefully plan the exam day in advance (take into account bathroom & exam room lineups). Take extra pencils. Pack car with meds, water, food, etc. Hopefully you've had a solid study & practice program to boost your confidence

Fatigure/Slow - Sleep EARLY night before! Wear watch to keep track of time during exam. Have a little coffee. Hopefully you've built up speed with repeated practice exams.

Hot/Cold - Dress in comfortable clothing and in layers. Keep any extra clothing items in car.

Hunger - Have a solid breakfast (oatmeal is slow releasing and will keep you full for long time). Pack your lunch and keep it in the car. Eating a small energy bar right before entering exam room may be a good idea.

Stomache Ache - Don't overeat and limit coffee. Take one TUMS just in case.

Bathroom Need - Limit coffee. Don't eat & drink too close to exam time - go to bathroom right before entering exam room.

Distractions - Take ear plugs

Unique health conditions - If you have allergies etc, take your meds.

GOOD LUCK!!

Yes, to all candidates except for me: i recommend taking naps during the exam to boost your energy levels. If you don't know an answer, guess D. If you see anything on derivatives, skip it to show your contempt. Show up for both sessions, please!

What kills most is the 15 minutes that you sit at the desk in exam hall before the exam starts. Be prepared.

grumble Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, to all candidates except for me: i recommend
> taking naps during the exam to boost your energy
> levels. If you don't know an answer, guess D. If
> you see anything on derivatives, skip it to show
> your contempt. Show up for both sessions, please!

Not much point in selecting D haha!

Hahaha...

If you normally drink coffee, then definitely do not interrupt that pattern, you may have headaches (caffeine withdrawal) if your a coffee freak like myself...

For the last 2 weeks I've been having Taurine/Caffeine energy drinks to, half a can in the afternoon and half-a-can after supper to keep me awake/focused to study... I'm not sure if I should drink half a can during the lunch break to make sure I'm not "food drunk" in the early afternoon...

Any body use energy drinks for exams? I know too much can make you jittery and all A.D.D., but I imagine that in moderation it could help with focus...

Any thoughts?

I am drinking my usual coffee when I wake up...and I'm bringing a can of Red Bull for the lunch break to make sure I'm not mentally exhausted for the PM session.

If you aren't used to drinking energy drinks often, the large cans (e.g., monster, nos etc) might be a bit too much...the small red bull is just a nice little pick-me-up to give you sharp!!

I stocked up on Four Loko before the FDA required them to change the ingredients. Going to slam 1 as I walk into the building and have a cooler in my car with 2 more for lunch.

I recently tried the five hour energy drinks. Although I would never usually drink that, I figured what the he'll this week! What's the worst that can happen?!
I'm going to sleep early the night before and have coffee in the morning but I'm staying away from energy drinks on the day of.

I'll be showing up with my wheelchair. I'm not disabled, I just find it more comfortable than the seating they provide.

I've tried the cheetah energy drink and the oatmeal the past couple of days and I swear by the oatmeal. Have it with walnuts and flax seeds. Does wonders! It helped keep me focused during that deadly time between 3 and 4 in the afternoon right in the middle of EQ and FI qs. The cheetah made me feel bloated and uncomfortable and I felt I needed a washroom break I couldn't afford.

返回列表
上一主题:Schweser question bank
下一主题:Schweser QBank too calculation-oriented?