上一主题:CFA Sample mock online
下一主题:Default Risk for Government Bonds
返回列表 发帖

GMAT Prep/Thoughts

From posts I have read it seems that several people are currently enrolled in an MBA program or have taken the GMAT. I am going to take it at the end of Sept and wanted to get your feedback around your prep, how you scored, and what you did to nail the 700+ quant questions.

Thanks.

try gmatclub.com. That forum will help you with everything you need.

I used the full MGMAT series (5 Q and 2 V books) and the OG books (OG12, V and Q guides) and scored over 700. If you want more infor, CFABLACKBELT is right that gmatclub.com/forum has everything you could want and more.

I used Kaplan GMAT 800- a book all about the hardest problems- and got a 710.

That's impressive mb389! Being a non-native E. speaker how did you manage to get score so well in Verbal session? Which country are you in?

Got 760 with 20 hrs of study? Great. Can you share your study schedule and tips please?

Do a diagnostic test, learn the actual topics that give you trouble, and study them intensely. A week before the exam, go over your strengths to gain confidence.

Go to gmatclub.com and beatthegmat.com and do practice problems EVERY day. Keeps you in the rhythm of things. Good luck.

my strategy was nothing special. just worked through all of the practice problems in the book and did the few free sample online tests. it felt like there were 8-10 "frameworks" that most of the questions fit into, in both verbal and math, that once you master them the test is fairly easy. at that point, you just need to get the timing and general test taking approach down.

This test is not like the CFA. there is no actual material to learn here -- you already know it all (hopefully). there is definitely a plateau after a certain point where each incremental hour of studying provides little to no benefit. That may not be 20 hrs for most people...but 50-60 should be plenty for the majority of people on this forum.

I prepared by taking two full mock GMATs. Got 760, 750, and then 730 on the real thing. I reviewed the questions I got wrong or guessed on to "re-teach" myself math I hadn't touched for about 15-20 years!

The only tough thing about the real test is the adaptive feature where you end up with a streak of the toughest questions.

I think I actually ran out of time on the real thing and failed to answer a question or two since I tried to "conquer" one or two toughies.

返回列表
上一主题:CFA Sample mock online
下一主题:Default Risk for Government Bonds