上一主题:Confirmed - results out 26 July
下一主题:capitalizing and expensing long lived assets
返回列表 发帖
Im into corporate finance as well, i.e project finance

May we all get together on one email thread and discuss how do we approach writing our description?

Just be smart about how you phrase things. The people reviewing the work experience applications don't really know the difference.

go/no go recommendations = investment decisions
financial projects = capital investments

It seems that a good portion of your job involves capital decisions, which in my opinion qualifies. Even reconciliation and data management can qualify if the information is used by other investment decision makers.

But in the end, don't lie about your work experience; just go get a new job. if you're an entry level accounting analyst, you probably don't qualify for the charter.

I started out by saying "I am currently involved in the investment management process by..."

Old post. I've been approved since Nov. just waiting on exam results.

joehogue Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Old post. I've been approved since Nov. just
> waiting on exam results.

Would you like to share your work description that you re-sent?

I'm convinced the CFAI just rejects everyone's experience the first time, just to be jerks.

wow, how do you get jobs doing that stuff? I'm back end admin and I do little more than push paper from one pile into another. I'm sure I could do any one of the jobs above, just as well as you all who are doing them now, but no one's giving me the green light. pretty frustrating

'back end' something is about right. arse.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 07:17PM by joehogue.

what? you guys think you have special abilities cuz someone hired you? get over yourselves.

I have a not so traditional job and I was stunned when they approved all of it the first time around. Honestly, it's a bit of a crap shoot. But, if you make the case that you are taking other peoples money and buying stuff with it in order to get return they generally will accept it. Anything else they are gonna be suspicious of, you might just be a bookkeeper or a typist.

返回列表
上一主题:Confirmed - results out 26 July
下一主题:capitalizing and expensing long lived assets