上一主题:Schweser Notes - Complements or Subtitutes to CFAI books
下一主题:追踪UPS订单号,显示“已重新安排递送”,怎么办
返回列表 发帖

And so it begins...

After studying for L1 and L2 and not getting through the whole curriculum, I've decided to get an early start on L3. My plan is to spend the first three months giving the SS a once over via the Schweser video series, Schweser Study notes, and Schweser EOC questions. Then the next three months I'll spend revisiting the Study Notes, browsing the CFA text for missing lessons, and hammering the EOC questions. Then the last three months are left for mastering the EOC questions and doing mocks.

Is there anything I should add/focus on?

Practice as many past AM (morning) and AM-format exams as you can find.

ATH, CFA, CAIA

you should focus almost 1 month just on Individual and Institutional IPS. Those combined is almost 1/3 to 1/4 of the exam

Learn the IPS stuff inside out; don't memorize but understand it, cause there are too many variations.

I'm planning on starting very early with level 3... My plan is to start with Schweser books sometime this month (I have the 2011 version I bought off someone in the city)

My goal is to have all the books read - no practice problems, but an initial read - before Christmas...

Starting January, I'm going to switch entirely to CFAI curriculum and read all the books in depth...then hopefully will have lots of time to do practice problems/mock exams in the last couple of months.

I've always used Schweser exclusively, but I feel with level 3 the CFAI curriculum may be best AS LONG as I have the time for it...hence starting early this year...

I know in the next few months I will be very slack so just starting will be a great accomplishment...this way it will force me to be dedicated come January (and still plenty of time to spare)

books arrived today. nice to see such a slim stack.

prophets Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> books arrived today. nice to see such a slim
> stack.

i heard it's a lot slimmer than 2010 = )

whystudy Wrote:
> i heard it's a lot slimmer than 2010 = )

a little bit. they did the same thing for L2 though.

imagine an L2 curriculum with 0 readings on commodities (what CFA claims is an entire asset class) or the balance of payments economics material (half the major problem we have in global finance today).

just quietly dumb down the material and make it more passable to grow the CFA membership base (and offset the # of discouraged CFAs who quit paying their dues).

ATH Wrote:
> The slimness is more due to a change in paper type
> and quality than anything else.

true. i just notice that it is pretty crap quality paper.

paper quality is average, the yellow highlighter i use shows on the other side of the page. too thin!

whystudy Wrote:
> you should focus almost 1 month just on Individual
> and Institutional IPS. Those combined is almost
> 1/3 to 1/4 of the exam
>
> Learn the IPS stuff inside out; don't memorize but
> understand it, cause there are too many
> variations.

Thanks. This is good info as I've been steering L2 candidates in a similar direction (FRA and Equity first).

返回列表
上一主题:Schweser Notes - Complements or Subtitutes to CFAI books
下一主题:追踪UPS订单号,显示“已重新安排递送”,怎么办