上一主题:So did anyone *not* buy at 1250?
下一主题:Relocating to Seattle
返回列表 发帖

CFA exam reimbursement

Do you think a firm would reimburse the cost of the CFA exam if they hired me after I signed up for it? I have to sign up for the CFA Level II exam tomorrow. I have an interview this week and if I get the job it will be incredibly difficult to study in time to pass while transitioning into the position and moving to a new city. Do you think they will only reimburse the cost if I pass or does that not matter?

Probably worth asking AFTER you have an offer, if you get one.

you've obviously contributed nothing here.

@robber07, it really depends. The firm I worked with previously only reimbursed you if you passed but the firm I'm with now will give you a set amount of money and will reimburse you for all education/exam prep related expenses. I would check with the HR department (not the hiring manager); after you get an offer then speak with the hiring manager about this because you'll have more leverage that way.

Gotcha....Thank you

I believe the firm I'm at will reimburse for any costs after offer acceptance date, but nothing before.

I registered for L3 while unemployed in Oct. last year. Got a ER job this year, and told them I'm already set to take L3.

The firm reimbursed me for the exam AND paid for a brand new set of Schweser notes for me.

Sorry, thought you'd already signed up; my mistake.

Whatever. Just sign up. It's not like $600 should be enough to derail your test taking plans in most scenarios.

If you knew for sure you wouldn't have a job until after the exam, would you take it? If the answer if yes, then if I were you I'd go ahead and sign up and mentally subtract the $970 (assuming you fail, which you might of course not) from your (relative) financial windfall if you do get a job before the exam.

返回列表
上一主题:So did anyone *not* buy at 1250?
下一主题:Relocating to Seattle