上一主题:Excel-EOS calculat.
下一主题:CFA, Finance or Econ Apps
返回列表 发帖
I don't think China will have as much political influence either, no matter how big their GDP gets for a long, long time to come.

Being a country that doesn't speak English, they are really out of the loop. The western world will still look to the US and the Eurozone for leadership. Don't think it matters if China has a bigger GDP. China doesn't have any friends except countries like: Russia, North Korea, and Vietnam who are not exactly team players.

I've seen this in India. India, despite having borders with China, spends all of its time trying to look pretty for the the US and the UK. Culturally speaking, they have aligned themselves as such completely wanting nothing to do with their neighbors. GDP growth in India will surely help offset China's advantage.

I predict that we'll see mutual benefit in the long term (except for the American middle class who is just gonna have to accept lower wages) and that China's clout will never be as important as the combined clout of the Eurozone, the US, and India.

AlphaSeeker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So what? From a living standard standpoint, US
> will still beat China for years to come.
>
> US passed UK more than 100 yrs ago, UK still one
> of the most developed country in the world.

More to the point, we will all eventually have a higher living standard as a larger workforce comes on line and we are able to divide labour to the highest degree. I think it is to be embraced as the Chinese are becoming more and more open - market wise & politically. As long as we can trade goods in open markets, great. First Russia, then China. Even Cuba is coming round to the idea - they are allowing citizens to buy their houses.

Even if China surpasses the US in GDP per capita, why would this hurt the US, other than through ego?

maybe we'll become france soon so i can riot every time i have to work a friday.

'Feel my baguette, sommet!'

返回列表
上一主题:Excel-EOS calculat.
下一主题:CFA, Finance or Econ Apps