上一主题:San Fran Desks
下一主题:Duties as an Analyst
返回列表 发帖
Sweep the Leg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yep, you should already be good to go. But, if
> it's expired and you just need the 65 (going the
> RIA route?), it should take you about 8 hours.

Is this 8 hours for just about anyone taking the exam or 8 hours for someone with my background?

Don't ask other people how long it will take YOU to study for an exam. You will need to decide for yourself. Read the book, take a practice test and see where you're at. You're going to get misleading projections on this forum because other people like to say that they only studied 10 hours for the series 7 and 5 hours for the series 63 and passed without issues.

jdough Wrote:
> Don't ask other people how long it will take YOU
> to study for an exam. You will need to decide for
> yourself. Read the book, take a practice test and
> see where you're at. You're going to get
> misleading projections on this forum because other
> people like to say that they only studied 10 hours
> for the series 7 and 5 hours for the series 63 and
> passed without issues.

Dude, chill out! I'm trying to get a baseline and the thoughts of others who might have my background.
If someone told me they studied 10-20 hours, and I did the same and failed, would I blame them for it? Nope.
Give me a freaking brake!
Everyone else who responded was significantly more helpful than you. If you can't say something constructive, move on to another post. This forum is place to share ideas, not just come and flame the OP.

Finra exams are a joke...65 is like a series 7 with a couple of legal topics... cpl decent study days and you should crush it. Best of luck!

Btw... I thought you needed the 7 to take the 66... if you take the 7 and have the 66 you are an IAR.. Taking the 7 might be easier as it incorporates more CFA material.

gmancfa Wrote:
> Sweep the Leg Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yep, you should already be good to go. But, if
> > it's expired and you just need the 65 (going
> the
> > RIA route?), it should take you about 8 hours.
>
>
> Is this 8 hours for just about anyone taking the
> exam or 8 hours for someone with my background?

Just give yourself a weekend to study and you'll be fine. Study for a few hours, take a couple of practice exams and you're set. It really is easy.

I took the series 65 after only being in the industry for 6 months and I think I got around an 85. I probably studied for about 10-15 hours total - mostly during the weekend before I took it. The hardest part is remembering the different laws.

返回列表
上一主题:San Fran Desks
下一主题:Duties as an Analyst