上一主题:Becoming a PM
下一主题:AICPA/CIMA Convergence
返回列表 发帖

CFA level 1 on resume?

I recently went to a job interview and I told the interviewer I was really interested in the finance field, and planned to take the CFA lvl 1.

And he asked "Are you really gong to take the CFA lvl 1?"

And I told tell him yes, I even sold my bike for the cfa registration.
The reason I think he asked was because I didn't put it down in my resume. But based on stuff I've read online elsewhere, a lot of people give the general impression that putting down Candidate for lvl 1 CFA is a big NO sign for employers. I carry the same sentiment because being a level 1 candidate doesn't mean squat, anybody can sign up and be a level 1 candidate.

In my belief I don't feel like its a testament of anything until you at least pass the exam.
But the interview has thrown me askew in my beliefs, is my type of thinking incorrect?

TL;DR: Should I put CFA lvl 1 candidate on resume?

builders.. I don't know man it seems like pretty harsh competition out there. It's probably all the internal applicants

Thanks for the input everybody

@FIresearch

It was a pretty nice road bike, but after I graduate I don't think I'll be using it any more. The position I got is located in SF, and I don't really want to bike in the city haha

florinpop Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> majority of positions I see these days, even entry
> level require the CFA designation - Hell I saw the
> other day an Investment admin ( more like fund
> accountant) at Sprott that had CFA preferred

thats because the HR people who write the descriptions have NO IDEA what it takes to get some of these credentials or what the role actually needs. they think its just taking a few classes and then a simple "test" at the end

i cant tell you how many times i was asked if i knew how to use "pivot tables" by recruiter when i first started interviewing.

im in ER now and i STILL dont know how to use them and im doing juuuuust fine!

majority of positions I see these days, even entry level require the CFA designation - Hell I saw the other day an Investment admin ( more like fund accountant) at Sprott that had CFA preferred

programmer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Put I am a CFA Level 1.

a real comedian...

Put I am a CFA Level 1.

Take a look at the job market....the majority of entry level positions have a requirement of ENROLMENT IN CA/CMA/CFA DESIGNATION....so having stating that you are sitting for the CFA level 1 exam shows you are atleast taking part in the designation....

employers probably have a filtering process done electronically, and if they require the words CFA on a resume, atleast yours will pass the first screening....

Putting it on your resume will never hurt you.

CFA Jay, CFA

I agree, you should put on your resume that you are a level 1 candidate. Just don't make any implications that you are some hot shot for signing up for it.

The guy should know that the CFA is a big deal, though, and how hard it is to pass. It shows sincerity on your part to become a financial professional and shows a work ethic and self initiative on your part.

Doesn't matter if they're impressed by it. What is 100% certain is that if someone thinks of being a level 1 candidate as a "big NO", then you probably don't want to work for them in the first place as the guy is most likely a huge idiot.

返回列表
上一主题:Becoming a PM
下一主题:AICPA/CIMA Convergence