上一主题:Financial Modeling Practice & Applying for Jobs
下一主题:Trading with Foreign Currency Denominated Account
返回列表 发帖

Internal audit

Anyone here work as an internal auditor for an investment bank or know someone that does? I'd like to know more about the role, expectations, upward mobility, etc.

NO EXCUSES

dont do it kid, for the love of humanity

wake2000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> dont do it kid, for the love of humanity

It's not my ideal career path, but given my prior work experience that's all that seems to be available. A 30% increase in base salary and a 20% bonus on top makes things a bit interesting, so I'm trying to take everything into consideration.

NO EXCUSES

If it's better and pays more than what you currently do, then it's definitely worth considering. Of course, if you become an auditor, we can no longer be friends.

you'll be with chicks all day which isnt a bad thing.

wake2000 Wrote:
> you'll be with chicks all day which isnt a bad
> thing.

really? this sounds like a good thing to you?

justin are you batting for the other team?

Zesty Wrote:
> justin are you batting for the other team?

try analyzing deeper than 1-ply.

"deeper"? "1-ply"? I'm confused, what are we talking about again?

I think it depends on the company really. I did a stint with Internal Audit for a bit and it wasn't bad. The Head of IA had access to all the C-Suite officers and had some good exposure to the audit commottee members. In addition, some of the accounting VPs/controllers did some time in IA and have a decent job. Some companies also have a "Chief Risk Officer" or something similar that many times comes from Internal Audit.

However, I'd say that starting in IA is not the best thing one could do. Many times it's better to be recruited from the outside to a more senior role and then be promoted internally. Kind of like external audit, IA is still a weird dynamic because you have to basically check other people's work. But if the $'s good then it's hard to argue against it in the face of nothing else. Besides, it;s seems lie every year we're moving to more and more regulation. Also, with globalization, IA is really needed to keep tabs on business segments outside the U.S. and make sure they're operating to the company's standards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 09:11PM by el duque.

返回列表
上一主题:Financial Modeling Practice & Applying for Jobs
下一主题:Trading with Foreign Currency Denominated Account