无上一主题
下一主题:Reading 4: CFA Institute Research Objectivity Standards -
返回列表 发帖
According to the CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct, Standard I(A), Knowledge of the Law, members shall not knowingly participate or assist in any violations of laws, rules, or regulations. An analyst:
A)
is held responsible for participating in illegal acts when the law is evident to anyone knowing the law and is held responsible for violations by others when the analyst is unaware of the facts giving rise to the violation.
B)
must report all legal violations to the proper regulatory commission and is held responsible for participating in illegal acts when the law is evident to anyone knowing the law.
C)
is held responsible for participating in illegal acts when the law is evident to anyone knowing the law and can participate in a violation by having knowledge of the violation and taking no action to stop it or disassociate from it.

If you suspect someone is planning or engaging in illegal activities, you should:
  • Determine the legality of the activities. Consult your supervisor and legal counsel.
  • Take appropriate action. Disassociate, attempt to persuade the perpetrator to stop. CFA Institute does not require you to report them to the authorities, but the law might.

Which of the following statements about the responsibilities of CFA charterholders is CORRECT? CFA charterholders:
A)
are only obligated to comply with securities laws in the U.S.
B)
need not comply with the laws and rules governing their profession or must not engage in any individual behavior that reflects adversely on the entire profession.
C)
must comply with the laws and rules governing their profession and must not engage in any individual behavior that reflects adversely on the entire profession.

CFA charterholders must comply with the laws and rules governing their profession and must not engage in any individual behavior that reflects adversely on the entire profession. While they should act honorably and follow U.S. securities laws, they are obligated to more than that, as set forth in the Code and Standards.

Michael Bellow, CFA, CAIA, is an investment banker who is involved with an initial public offering (IPO) of NewCo. Because this is Bellow’s first involvement in an IPO, he reports to an experienced supervisor. While reviewing past financial statements provided by NewCo, Bellow suspects that NewCo deliberately overstated its earnings for the past several quarters. Bellow seeks the advice of his firm’s highly competent general counsel and follows the advice given without deviation. Based on the general counsel’s advice, Bellow consults his immediate supervisor about the suspected overstatement of earnings. After reviewing the situation, Bellow’s supervisor explains why NewCo’s calculations of its earnings are correct. Bellow realizes that his inexperience and exuberance initially led him to an incorrect conclusion about NewCo’s earnings.
Which of the following statements about Bellow’s actions involving Standard I(A), Knowledge of the law, and Standard I(C), Misrepresentation, is CORRECT? Bellow:
A)
did not violate either Standard I(A) or Standard I(C).
B)
violated both Standard I(A) and Standard I(C).
C)
violated Standard I(A) but did not violate Standard I(C).

Bellow did not violate Standard I(A), Knowledge of the law, because he sought advice of counsel and followed that advice. Bellow did not violate Standard I(C), Misrepresentation, because he made reasonable and diligent efforts to ensure the accuracy of the information and to avoid any material representation.

返回列表
无上一主题
下一主题:Reading 4: CFA Institute Research Objectivity Standards -