上一主题:关于BPP P107的question
下一主题:[ 2009 FRM ] Long Practice Exam 1 Q41-45
返回列表 发帖

2、Sarbanes-Oxley Act section 404 establishes requirements for internal control over financial reporting so that a firm must:

develop a process for ensuring reliability of financial statements.
ensure compliance with internationally accepted accounting principles.
disclose in the annual report the material weakness of its internal controls.
incorporate in the annual report a certification report of auditors concerning the effectiveness of internal controls.
A) I, III, and IV only.

B) I, II, and IV only.

C) II, III, and IV only.

D) I, II, and III only.

The correct answer is A

Sarbanes-Oxley Act section 404 requires a firm to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and not necessarily internationally accepted accounting principles. Although there have been ongoing attempts to bring harmony between U. S. accounting principles and international accounting principles, but to this point, they are not the same. For example, the books in the U. S. are still prepared on historical cost basis, whereas many countries use market value accounting systems.

3、How many of the following statements regarding SOX and Basel are correct?

An op risk management plan must collect and analyze internal, as well as external, data to identify the occurrence of op risk events and potential loss.
An op risk management plan must be reviewed, updated, validated, and improved, enhancing its strengths and minimizing its weaknesses.
One of the compliance implications of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act section 404 requires the management to disclose any fraud, material or non-material, committed by all those involved in establishing internal control processes over financial reporting.
One of the compliance implications of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act section 404 requires the management to disclose internal control shortcomings, weaknesses, and deficiencies to the external auditor’s audit committee and the general public through annual financial reports.
A) None of these.

B) One of these.

C) Two of these.

D) All of these.

The correct answer is D

All the statements are correct.

AIM 4: List, identify, and summarize the implications Sarbanes-Oxley Act section 404 has on compliance framework.

1、Examples of material distortions in financial reporting, classified as op risk events or internal control events, arising as a consequence of control failures include:

forgery.
data entry errors.
hardware system failure.
software system failure.
A) II, III, and IV only.

B) I, II, III, and IV.

C) I, II, and III only.

D) I and II only.

The correct answer is B

Control failures can easily produce material distortions in financial reporting. All of the above are examples of material distortions. Whether we classify these distortions as op risk events or internal control events makes no difference because the end result is the same, financial misreporting.

2、How many of the following statements are CORRECT? Missing elements from the integrated risk management plan which need to be incorporated include:

evaluation of firm-level controls.
evaluation of contingency plans.
capital requirements quantification.
risk control decisions.
A) None of these.

B) Two of these.

C) Three of these.

D) All of these.

The correct answer is D

An integrated plan offers an effective device for risk management; nevertheless, there are still various elements (including all of the above) of both SOX 404 and Basel II that are missing and need to be incorporated.

AIM 6: Analyze, in light of the requirements in Sarbanes-Oxley Act section 404 and the Basel II Accord, the operational risk framework implemented by UBS.

1、Operational risk framework implemented by UBS, in light of the requirements in Sarbanes-Oxley Act section 404 and the Basel II Accord, requires that a functional area:

state its tasks and responsibilities clearly.
provide a plan with respect to identification and management of op risk events.
identify key early warning indicators of an increased risk.
offer additional information of the control plan for specific op risk events.
A) I, II, and III only.

B) II and III only.

C) I and II only.

D) I, II, III, and IV.

The correct answer is D

All the statements are key ingredients of the UBS integrated operational risk framework, which combines the requirements in both Sarbanes-Oxley Act section 404 and the Basel II Accord.

返回列表
上一主题:关于BPP P107的question
下一主题:[ 2009 FRM ] Long Practice Exam 1 Q41-45