上一主题:Best way to master ethics?
下一主题:Just started studying; For Ethics - CFAI or Schweser?
返回列表 发帖

difference between L1 Ethics and L2 Ethics?

what exactly is the difference. Jus started reading Ethics and couldnt help but notice that 1st section on Ethics is almost a carbon copy of L1 book. I know after the 1st section its Soft Dollars ect. But my question is specifically on the 1st section. I see no difference so im tempted to jus skip the 135 odd pages n jus hit the new material on Soft Dollars.

Don’t skip the “repeat” parts (Standards); just revisit them closer to the exam date.

thats exactly what i was thinking. Skip entire Reading 2 (standards) for now and just study around March or April. So Reading 2 IS just a repeat of L1? No new material hiding in there?

…personal opinion….. skipping ethics is not a good idea…. read the failure posts and notice the trend that people who fail ethics (or dont get 70) in L2 almost always fail.
Go through ethics as if you have never seen it before…. go through ethics again a month before, and then again the final week…… L2 ethics questions are tougher than L1 even though the material is the same….

@ athanas…wasnt planning to skip entirely. Jus skip 4 now and revisit closer 2 exam. Ethics is one of main areas that got me thru L1. So wnt make the mistake of totally ignoring. Its jus a bit boring reading the same material again.

The L2 ethics is much much harder than L1. Very tricky. At this point of the yr, I would not skip anything.

i wouldnt skip that. if it is something that im already familiar with, even better. if anything, it helps me get into “the mood” after 2 months hiatus.

Soft dollars is very tricky in L2.

i was thinking of reading it in isolation in september all of the CFAI text just to see it once and then re-reading again in may, and from Oct-May continuosly taking Q bank tests on Ethics.
Recommended?

My suggestion on Ethics would be that do all the EOC questions for the repeat section and also the EOC questions from Schweser. I did just that and got a 70 in Ethics. (sadly didnt pass the entire exam tho!)

返回列表
上一主题:Best way to master ethics?
下一主题:Just started studying; For Ethics - CFAI or Schweser?