上一主题:How many times to pass level 3?
下一主题:question from level 2er
返回列表 发帖

Ethics paying for transportation and lodging

If an analyst visits a company and allows the company to pay for the transportation and hotel expense(not lavish), is this a violation or not?
I remember doing a practice question and the answer says this is ok, but the handbook says “When attending meetings at an issuer’s headquarters, members or candidates should pay for commercial transportation and hotel charges.” Should???
I really hate the ambiguity of some of the ethics material.

Whats crappy is that that explanation is subjective based upon what will compromise the analyst. Other factors should include whether the trip was for business only or if it was for business and personal. Also try to determine if the furnishings were lavish or not. Finally, if the business were located in a remote place then it would be expected that the company would pay for the transportation there. If the trip was for business only and the furnishings normal then I would side with not violating the code.

I still miss these but what I’ve found is that if the question makes a real point to make sure you know that the factor or wherever is in a REMOTE location that is “only accessible by private jet” or something like that, then it is OK. Ohterwise, violation.
If anybody really knows this topic and can either confirm/deny this, that would be great.
I wrote this before reading the post above me, but this post says pretty much the same thing.

返回列表
上一主题:How many times to pass level 3?
下一主题:question from level 2er