上一主题:money multiplier: CFA vs Schweser
下一主题:schweser pratice test score analysis
返回列表 发帖

Quick question - IPS and Inflation

If you are required to calculate pre-tax return, do you add inflation before or after you perform the return/1-tax rate?
Thanks

add inflation before you perform the return / 1-T calculation.

I would do before.
also when you have a net outflow from portfolio, and we have the inflation rate, do we always input the PMT as today cashflow*(1+inflation)?

there is an example in schweser videos - I think I got it now
first - they talk about long term return requirements - they use pmt adjusted for next years inflation ( expected to stay stable for the whole period)
second when asked about NEXT year return, they dont adjust for inflation

this was the ingrams

yeah, i reworked the ingrams ips problem yesterday. in that case though, everything was done pre-tax. and inflation was added at the end. AFTER you got the pretax number, no?

sorry florin, i guess you were referring to your own question..

for the long term return - they inflated next year payment - they calculated the return and then added inflation

but to the original question posted by maagian. in the ingram’s case, they add inflation after they’ve already got the pretax return.

cfasf1 - the rationale - since that is your question would be that inflation is taxed as well
if I make 100k in nominal terms - that is what I get taxed on, I don’t get taxed on 90k because 10% was inflation

返回列表
上一主题:money multiplier: CFA vs Schweser
下一主题:schweser pratice test score analysis