上一主题:New Asset Class: Aquaculture
下一主题:What the heck is "liquidity," exactly...
返回列表 发帖
when i was 5-6 years old i think

Started in early december, was reading forever in spots and finished in early may. Been doing mocks for the past 10 days or so. Not a finance major but a CPA, which actually hurts me because all the IFRS stuff is super counter intuitive when you’ve spent so much time memorizing the GAAP stuff.
Questions  Reading

I started reading late….Probably at the very end of March.
I did a finance undergrad with a lot of focus on equity/fixed income.
I mostly just banged through the readings as quickly as possible and got to EOC/QBank/Mocks to re-inforce the knowledge.

How has CFA studying been vs CPA?  I’ve considered getting a CPA if I’m still alive after the CFA.

If you don’t like FRA then your not going to like it….   
I wasn’t that passionate about accounting so it was kind of a pain…. The CFA is def more fun since I actually wanted to learn about the stuff in the test…
But all tests are the same… you study and put the work in and you pass, if you don’t you fail (for the most part).

I started in December with Ethics, after that I did absolutely nothing until I noticed, that there were only 10 weeks left ;-) I read through all other study sessions, watched the Schweser videos and did Qbank questions in April and May and started to do Mock and practice exams about one week ago. Sometimes I thought I stood no chance but I am feeling quite confident right now as I did well on the last mock exams.

Read about 8 hours per day during my christmas break(the actual CFA books) then tried to get though as much as I could in my free time. I’ve read everything but portfolio management as of now and I can get about a 79% on the practice tests. By Sat I think I’ll be somewhere around 85% hopefully.  I would say just do endless schwesser practice problems.

I’m also going for December, end of June as a starting point should be more than enough, right?

Marshall86 wrote:
I’m also going for December, end of June as a starting point should be more than enough, right?
Thats enough time, but if you never want to feel rushed, why not start now? Toward the end I felt like I could have used a few more weeks for problems, but I’m on track now.

thegeneral101 wrote:
Marshall86 wrote:
Thats enough time, but if you never want to feel rushed, why not start now? Toward the end I felt like I could have used a few more weeks for problems, but I’m on track now.
Exactly what he said. It is enough time, I did 6 months myself, but starting sooner is always better. When you are rushed, you tend to think about time management more than taking in all the material.

返回列表
上一主题:New Asset Class: Aquaculture
下一主题:What the heck is "liquidity," exactly...