上一主题:When do we solve Qbanks?
下一主题:Equity- Coglomerate Discount
返回列表 发帖
CFA-Top MBA-buyside analyst-PM-greatness.

Basically find a job analyzing securities/portfolio analyst work/get a top MBA. Easier said than done right? I’m trying to do the same!

Matt likes anaysis is hitting the nail on the head.
Larger RIA’s may mange billions and have “portfolio managers” on staff but a true PM is really a mutual fund manager style position. FA’s are sales people.
Also, the biggest difference is that PM are generally over acheivers, very smart, from top MBA programs w/ their charters. They’re the cream of the crop. Many FA’s dont even have a college degree and have little knowledge of markets. Maybe a well qualified one has a CFP + BA from a decent school. FA’s sell what PM’s are putting together.

Thank you all for great responses and insights!!
Palantir, good luck to you too!!! PM for a large mutual funds!! FIght on!
But first I need to get a job in an equity analyst role sadddddd

a bunch of idiots arguing over a definition of a term, who really gives a damm?……from the looks of it, none of you manage money or make decisions with other people’s money cause if you do, the title really doesn’t matter now does it……

Get back to your call center and manage clients money Frank. Funny a quasi telemarketer would claim titles dont matter.

CFAvsMBA wrote:Get back to your call center and manage clients money Frank. Funny a quasi telemarketer would claim titles dont matter.
that was 4 years ago. funny how things change. i don’t even recall you but the fact you remembered me says a whole lot. what you do anyways?
titles do not matter but you seem to have a thing for meaningless titles. FRM and CAIA? damm, you must be one hell of a sucka…..FRM was easy and CAIA? you an idiot if you think that means anything. CAIA is a complete joke, its embarassing really…
once again deebo, what is your title since you care about it so much. and please, don’t tell us you’re some BSD in the front office cause we know you’re not.

what do you do now frank?

What do you do Frank? How did you transition out of your old job?

FrankArabia wrote:
CFAvsMBA wrote:Get back to your call center and manage clients money Frank. Funny a quasi telemarketer would claim titles dont matter.
that was 4 years ago. funny how things change. i don’t even recall you but the fact you remembered me says a whole lot. what you do anyways?
titles do not matter but you seem to have a thing for meaningless titles. FRM and CAIA? damm, you must be one hell of a sucka…..FRM was easy and CAIA? you an idiot if you think that means anything. CAIA is a complete joke, its embarassing really…
once again deebo, what is your title since you care about it so much. and please, don’t tell us you’re some BSD in the front office cause we know you’re not.
Again with the racial slurs. I think RacistFrank is available once you get banned.
And you claim your research is so robust. Had you done any research on me, you would have discovered my title, job, and responsibilities. I’ll give you a hint, it’s in my AF profile. Keep stacking dem bricks on the Y line while reading a script, you’ll soon be a real BSD PM.

返回列表
上一主题:When do we solve Qbanks?
下一主题:Equity- Coglomerate Discount