上一主题:triangular arbitrage and implied cross rates question
下一主题:Technical Analysis reading
返回列表 发帖
Your first question is unclear. To me, CapEx is CapEx - no two ways about it. FCFF indicates the planned CapEx for that year, regardless of the financing options. If the firm plans to spend a certain amount for CapEx, it will be reflected in the FCFF while any financing decisions will be reflected in the capital structure of the firm - the WACC! Remember, don’t “double dip.” WACC and FCFF come together when you calculate the firm’s EV.
I haven’t begun the Equity volume yet, but working capital usually includes the current portion of debt. Unless, of course, interest payments were capitalized (I’m hoping you’re making the connection to the readings on Long-Lived Assets from L1 and L2). If interest was indeed capitalized, you may have to make an adjustment to the financial statements before you even get to calculating the EV, WACC, etc.
In my experience with the readings and the overall CFA material, I think the Institute tries to keep it straightforward: when it comes to calculations like FCFF or FCFE, they provide you with the current assets and current liabilities. You simply subtract them to get to working capital, without the need for adjustments you mentioned in your original post.
I hope this makes sense. Who knows, maybe I’ll be in the same boat as you when I get to page 198 of Equity - LOL.

返回列表
上一主题:triangular arbitrage and implied cross rates question
下一主题:Technical Analysis reading