上一主题:second time passers, please come in
下一主题:Jobs which qualify for CFA work experience requirements?
返回列表 发帖
Who can stop him? Anyone can use it I’d imagine

this is quite harsh, he must’ve worked so hard for his CFA and one stupid action and his designation goes down the drain.

FinancialWar wrote:
how come the guy still continue to use CFA designation on his website?
http://www.nicklasgustafsson.ws/Introduction
So many people are fearful of the all-powerful CFA Institute with all the sanctions and penalities they put on people.  But the truth of the matter is: what is their enforcement power?
Will they come to your house and haul you to prison? No.
Can they get the website host to kill off the website? No.
Can they get you charged with a crime? or hell, a misdeameanor? No.
If this guy had his CFA once before, did some violations, but keeps putting CFA behind his name, there’s nothing CFAI can do about it except complain about it with a letter and post it on their website that he’s in violation.  
If the guy isn’t doing finance related work, I doubt CFAI will pursue him

Quote:Can they get you charged with a crime? or hell, a misdeameanor? No …//
1. Misdemeanors are crimes.
2. He can be arrested for fraud if any client discovers that he presented himself as having a professional designation that he doesn’t.

aaronhotchner wrote:
Quote:Can they get you charged with a crime? or hell, a misdeameanor? No …//
1. Misdemeanors are crimes.
2. He can be arrested for fraud if any client discovers that he presented himself as having a professional designation that he doesn’t.
Yeah, though I seriously doubt whether this dude has any clients. If he does, they’re even bigger muppets than Goldman’s clients.

well guess what, the guy’s violation was back in 2006.  He clearly hasn’t been arrested. And oh look, the website still has CFA behind his name.

When you say Goldman do you mean Goldman Sachs? If so, can you clarify why they are muppets?

FinancialWar wrote:
When you say Goldman do you mean Goldman Sachs? If so, can you clarify why they are muppets?
I’m not really saying they’re muppets, Greg Smith did that. Hopefully you know what I’m talking about, there’s plenty of threads in the Watercooler on his outburst. My comment was a joke.

FinancialWar wrote:
Do you watch the news?  It’s all over the finance blogs, wsj, bloomberg….

返回列表
上一主题:second time passers, please come in
下一主题:Jobs which qualify for CFA work experience requirements?