上一主题:How long to read CFAI Level 2 Books?
下一主题:Private wealth mgmt :Return requirement
返回列表 发帖
No, but the alpha level would presumably be set for likelihood of similarity, conditional on proximity, yes?
And maybe it’s just set really really high, like 5 standard deviations.

anyone knows what were the actions last year or previous years for such “unusual similarity” .. or has anyone received anything from CFAI apart from the acknowledgement mail???

in my case on the similarity issue,
i proposed to
1. check the video and audio recordings
2. give me the same test so i can get the same answers
3. lie detector test, take me to a lie detector test center or some sort and conduct a thorough investigation.
and to the responses, some of you guys said that the CFAI is not going to give me a test to retake to let me prove that I did all the questions by myself,
1. why’s that?

Maybe because you can remember all your answers?
They are definitely not going to let you retake it and you can forget about the lie detector. You will find out sooner or later than the CFAI is not necessarily concerned with a handful of people who are wrongly punished. Not when 100,000 people are taking a test each year. There’s bound to be some false positives in there somewhere. The problem is that there is usually no way to prove that you didn’t cheat.
I truly wish anyone that gets these letters the best of luck but you should prepare for the worst.

well, the CFAI will most likely give me a response on the 22nd since that’s when the 30 days of investigation will close, not sure if it’s going to take longer, but I will keep you guys updated on my case.
and to hezagenius, referring to the above posts, quote ”
I truly wish anyone that gets these letters the best of luck but you should prepare for the worst.

thank you, and I’m prepared to get permanently banned. Well, on the bright side, I can still go to HBS or Warton for a master or take the FRM, etc…

@billgates How do you know it is only a 30 day investigation. I have a similar problem and they are not giving me any kind of timeframe for resolution. Did you get a response?

Same case, and I didn’t have the impression of been cheated by any other candidate, just the lottery of loser.

Billgates Wrote:
——————————————————-
some of you guys said that
the CFAI is not going to give me a test to retake
to let me prove that I did all the questions by
myself,

1. why’s that?
No joke man, but if you have to ask why and can’t figure it out for yourself, you don’t have a future in finance.
Also remember: this is not innocent until proven guilty court of law here. This is the prosecutor and judge together.

No, I haven’t heard from them yet and its been 40 days.
Does anyone know the penalties for having similar answers with somebody else before you can appeal?

Hello ,
Guys , I have the same problem , i am a candidate for CFA Level I in June 2011 , They send me the sam letter of “Unusual Similarity” Till now I haven’t got any response , does any one got a response so far ?
Thanks
AxiomMan

返回列表
上一主题:How long to read CFAI Level 2 Books?
下一主题:Private wealth mgmt :Return requirement