上一主题:Option Segment Questions in EOC, do we need to know?
下一主题:Commodity swap calculations in reading 32 - assistance requi
返回列表 发帖

anyone heard about a regrading of a question on 2012 Morning

Has anyone heard about them regrading one of the answers from the morning section of the 2012 exam?

Caratop1999-True on 360, I made a mistake allocating each part an equal piece of the total 21. But the part of problem that was changed was not worth 2 pts on the 360 scale, it was worth 6.  If you circled and justified the wrong answer (later changed to be acceptable) you would have intitially received zero credit. There is no way you could have received partial credit b/c you would have circled incorrectly and justified an incorrect answer. 6/360=1.7% additional on the total exam.

GPM, just for your reference, all CFA Examinations are out of 360 points.  One point for each minute it should take you to answer a question.  This problem was worth 2 points.  Keep in mind that they may give credit for an explanation even if you circle something else.  Assuming that you received no credit on your explanation then this adjustment would be .5556% points (2/360).  If they had previously given credit on the explanation but not the answer, then this would be approximately .2778%.(1/360).

^ I’m sure a lot of the failed candidates got that question ‘right’ the first time, so probably fair to say that more than ~1% of failing candidates were ~2% away from passing.  Having said that, i’m sure a key factor in CFAI’s decision to revisit that question was that a large number of people got it ‘wrong’ the first time… Anyway, hope the new lucky 114 are still enjoying the belated party!  How would you break this news to your co-workers / boss???

Adwilk-
Congrats and true on your statement. The question that was changed was worth 7 pts in total (5.8% of the exam) and had three parts, so the change would have added 2.33 points or 1.94% to each exam. That means ~1% of the failures (114), or 0.5% of total takers, only needed ~2% more to pass.
Good for you guys! I’d be pretty happy, too knowing I didn’t have to put in another 300+ hrs but for 2.33 points.

Is this a hoax?  Can’t see anything on CFAI website about it…
If its true, that is incredible news for the 114 that were upgraded to a pass.  Buy a lottery ticket!

Maybe this means that I failed in band 10 now???  Congrats to those that this bumped into a pass!

Slightly OT, but I know someone in Level II whose score was converted from a fail to a pass – out of nowhere.

looks like the Execution Monitoring/Rebalancing Question - which originally had only CPPI as the answer - now shows two possible answers CPPI or Buy and Hold as both acceptable.

what are you guys talking about?

返回列表
上一主题:Option Segment Questions in EOC, do we need to know?
下一主题:Commodity swap calculations in reading 32 - assistance requi