上一主题:Allen app vs Schweser Qbank: opinions?
下一主题:剛報cfa level 1, 詢大大們的意見,謝謝喔
返回列表 发帖

CFA vs. MS FINANCE

I, Puneet Singal, am currently a CFA Level 3 Candidate (June, 2013). I cleared my CFA Level 1 Exam (Dec, 2011) and CFA Level 2 Exam (June, 2012).
I am applying for jobs since the day my Level 2 result came out in July, 2012 but till now have received only single interview call. I was thinking maybe I should go for Master’s in Finance programme which would provide me with good job opportunities.
Is it advisable to go for Master’s in Finance programme after studying CFA curriculum for all the 3 levels?? Master’s in Finance programme would cover the same topics as covered by me while studying CFA. I don’t think it would be advisable to study all the same things again.
Can anyone guide me regarding this?? Are there any such courses where one can learn something new and get good opportunities to work?? Is it worth spending time and money doing such a course??

I'm now pursuing both. CFA is more profound for sure!
BTW i personally feel it's good for me to pursue both at the same time

^ I agree with the above, but I would put 2. before 1.

Back offices in Canada are filled with people that passed all 3 levels of the CFA.

I was wishing to capitalise on CFA’s global recognition to find myself a decent job in the domain of finance in Canada. But I think it would not be easy as such.

yes, for Toronto only. But that is where most of the finance jobs are.

L3Crucifier wrote:
CFA is a waste of time. Sorry to break this out to you so late in the game. The sooner you digest this fact, the easier your miserable life would heed a quick recovery from the trauma (dilemma) you are in.
Yeah, learning new things, being better at your job, additional credentials, more opportunitues.  All a waste of time.

Canada is not a good place for immigrant CFAs. I believe we have one of the highest CFAs per capita. Plus, if you’re looking for a front office job, sadly, there are very few immigrants. I personally have seen at most 3.
In addition, you will get zero to no credit for your schooling done in India.

I am looking to move to Canada after giving CFA Level 3 Exam.
I have done PG Diploma in Business Management (FINANCE) and Bachelor of Commerce from India. I have about 1 year of work experience in India as a financial analyst.
Will clearing Level 3 of CFA help in getting me a good job in Canada or will I have to study in Canada to get a good job in the domain of Finance??

There’s no shortage of CFAs in financial centers and in non financial centers many don’t even know what it is.

返回列表
上一主题:Allen app vs Schweser Qbank: opinions?
下一主题:剛報cfa level 1, 詢大大們的意見,謝謝喔