上一主题:Level II - Scoresheet question
下一主题:One final bit of advice
返回列表 发帖

How many hours did you need to pass level 1?

Just out of curiosity. How many hours did you need to pass level 1? and what method did you use? Any lectures or only self study?
If you did the exam multiple times, sum up the total hours over all attempts.
I used  250 hours  (1 attempt).
Method: Self studies with Schweser Notes and Qbank.
Cheers

^ Word.  When the exam is only given once a year, overstudying is not a bad thing.  
When you’re getting a promotion at work (longer hours, more headaches) and your wife is pregnant with your second, that increases to motivation to study as long and hard as you can (because you know this is your last chance–possibly forever).

It might have worked for you, but not for most.  To the OP, do at least 400 hours for every level.  Don’t spend 10 years on this program when you can do it in 18 months.

Guide to Passing Level 1 in 3 Weeks:
Read Schweser
Do Practice Tests
Do More Practice Tests
Go Back and Do the First Practice Tests Again
Don’t Sleep In

Itera posted this a while back.  I thought it was relevant here.

I didn’t really track hours studied, I gave myself 8 months as I don’t like to cram, just done as many questions as I could … I recommend overstudying, too expensive and time consuming to fail.
I opted out from doing it back to back as I again want to give myself the 8 months.
Good luck.

Level 1 is a walk in the park.  L2 is different.

I probably put in 200-250 hours in 8 or so weeks before the exam. I studied way too much and the exam way much easier than I thought it would be. Level II is a different story, and doing them back to back is starting to kill me.

Overstudy as much as you can.

i would be giving cfa l1 in december 2013,as i have cleared 2 levels of frm i would just read through uncomman portions like fra/equity/economics and it should take approx 50 hours ….then i will practice scheweser question bank pro daily giving mock exams……and i think this should be enough!!!!!
how much to study is a very subjective question but some one with no exposure to finance should atleast study for 200 hrs and then practice mock exams/question bank as much as they can……

返回列表
上一主题:Level II - Scoresheet question
下一主题:One final bit of advice