上一主题:where to order paper curriculum?
下一主题:The problem of retaining the material
返回列表 发帖

Is this worth a retabulation ?

Don’t know what to think about the below scores…. received a band 10. Using the 80/60/40 method for scoring these I had exactly 70%. Is it worth spending the $100 to check it out? Is anyone aware of a change from fail to pass when doing this?
Arrr… the frustration!
Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70%
- Alternative Investments 18 * - -
- Corporate Finance 36 - - *
- Derivatives 36 - - *
- Economics 18 - - *
- Equity Investments 72 - * -
- Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * -
- Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - - *
- Fixed Income Investments 36 - - *
- Portfolio Management 18 - - *
- Quantitative Methods 18 * - -

On the flip side, a girl who was Band 2 last year, and worked one CFAI mock two days before the exam, and was freaked out, passed this year.  I definitely believe there are a few transposed scores each year.

QuangHoang, even if there is no correlation between mock and the actual exam…when you score high in mock it means that you understand the material and there is no way you end up in a band 3! Yes it can happen but this is not practical at all, there must be a blunder somewhere who knows

Vicky, that just says the CBOK is vast and one 120-question exam cannot cover it all. Perhaps the mock was more to your friend’s taste, but the exam was not. As for me, I scored 56% in the mock, but passed Lvl II.

Thank you vicky_cool400 I am on the same boat. Is the girl appealing? I still believe that there must be a blunder…82% in mock and band 3, thats not possible

A girl with 82% in mock got band 3 this time . Maybe CFAI does blunders

I would say it’s worth 100$ if you end up in band 10.

You probably spent hundreds of hours studying for the exam so $100 may be a pittance for the peace of mind provided by the retab.
I’ve been on the board for a couple of years and I have never heard of a successful retabulation but, that doesn’t mean that the CFAI doesn’t make mistakes.

Hi Guys:
so I guess we should keep the $100 for the next exam right? or is it worth a try?
Band 10
Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70%
- Alternative Investments 18 * - -
- Corporate Finance 36 - - *
- Derivatives 36 - - *
- Economics 18 - - *
- Equity Investments 72 - * -
- Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - *
- Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - * -
- Fixed Income Investments 36 - * -
- Portfolio Management 18 * - -
- Quantitative Methods 18 - * -

Yeah, I think the Ethics adjustment comes into play here. A while ago I heard that it has happened only ONCE that someone passed after requesting a retabulation.

返回列表
上一主题:where to order paper curriculum?
下一主题:The problem of retaining the material