上一主题:where to order paper curriculum?
下一主题:The problem of retaining the material
返回列表 发帖
Guess I must got lucky, you guys got similar if not better looking scores than me, and I passed.

This is brought up every year and cannot remember a time where it has panned out in the candidates favor. CFAI is so diligent on the grading that they do not make errors when grading. They check them over and over again. It sucks failing in band 10 but suck it up and get it done next year. Your results will not change with retabulation.

Same here, got a band 10 for the following:
-Alternative Investments18-*-
-Corporate Finance36–*
-Derivatives36–*
-Economics18-*-
-Equity Investments72–*
-Ethical & Professional Standards36*–
-Financial Reporting & Analysis72-*-
-Fixed Income Investments36-*-
-Portfolio Management18-*-
-Quantitative Methods18–*
5 are above 70% and only one below 50….
i went online but couldn’t find the retabulation form that we have to fill and submit.

I am really tempted by the retab option, based mostly on technical reasons not challenges to the question. I did alot of heavy erasing on about 12 questions (I counted) and despite using two different brands of earsers, could NOT get a totally clean erase.
I simply do not know how sensitive the machines are; $100 bucks is not that expensive and I would get closure that it was a fair result.
I didn’t get Band 10, but felt I was pretty close at Band 9. The scores above look better than mine.
What’s a $100 mean to you I guess? I will probably order the retab just for the closure.
Your results for the June 2010 Level II CFA exam are below. The pass rate for June 2010 Level II was 39%. If you have questions or comments, please contact us.
Level II: Fail
The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area.
Item Set
Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70%
- Alternative Investments 18 -*-
- Corporate Finance 36 –*
- Derivatives 36 –*
- Economics 18 -*-
- Equity Investments 72 -*-
- Ethical & Professional Standards 36 -*-
- Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 -*-
- Fixed Income Investments 36 –*
- Portfolio Management 18 -*-
- Quantitative Methods 18 *–
We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates.
For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates.
Your score band: 9

One thing on the retab, the form claims it iwll not change your answer to a specific question. Even if it was a machine error? Has anyone ever successfully had a retab done? Will they fix machine errors ?

i was in the same boat last year, as you guys are today.. band 10…
i thought of getting it retabulated.. but i dont think it is worth it…. if it makes u sleep properly at night.. thn go for it.. otherwise not worth it…

I’ve never heard a story where a fail was changed to pass. Those interval score really doesn’t tell much as 70+ can be 71 or 100. You could’ve barely scored above 70 and ridiculously low on <50 sections, which will still net a fail.
Some of those band 10 though, I really think you could’ve passed if you scored well above 70+ in Ethics.

Yeah, I think the Ethics adjustment comes into play here. A while ago I heard that it has happened only ONCE that someone passed after requesting a retabulation.

Hi Guys:
so I guess we should keep the $100 for the next exam right? or is it worth a try?
Band 10
Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70%
- Alternative Investments 18 * - -
- Corporate Finance 36 - - *
- Derivatives 36 - - *
- Economics 18 - - *
- Equity Investments 72 - * -
- Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - *
- Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - * -
- Fixed Income Investments 36 - * -
- Portfolio Management 18 * - -
- Quantitative Methods 18 - * -

You probably spent hundreds of hours studying for the exam so $100 may be a pittance for the peace of mind provided by the retab.
I’ve been on the board for a couple of years and I have never heard of a successful retabulation but, that doesn’t mean that the CFAI doesn’t make mistakes.

返回列表
上一主题:where to order paper curriculum?
下一主题:The problem of retaining the material