上一主题:CFA improve Portfolio performance?
下一主题:Anyone considering setting up a company after the CFA
返回列表 发帖

A tablet for studying the CFAI material?

Do any of you read the CFAI material on a tablet? If so, which tablet do you use and do you like using it? I was just thinking of buying the printed version of the material but at $150, I might as well just buy a tablet if it was just as good.
Thanks for your input.

While talking about the books, is there any advantage of waiting to order the physical books? Does the CFAI ever revise the books with the known errata at the time so that ordering them in December, for example, instead of July would have less errors?

I used my iPad in conjunction with the books.  I liked to mix it up and frequently change where I studied as a way to keep myself more engaged.  
Some things to note about using a tablet is make sure it works for your methods - I don’t really highlight or mark up pages so I was fine reading it on a tablet.  Also, make sure the tablet screen has a high resolution.  I have the iPad 2 and the resolution is alright but after a while it wears on you, I wish I had gotten the retina iPad.

I’ve done all 3 levels with the electronic versions (laptop and ipad) and I honestly think that I may have done some damage to my eyes. I have a hard time focusing sometimes and can’t shake the double vision. I notice it the most when I’m looking down my pistol sights. I’m looking at a monitor all day for work anyway, so it could be totally unrelated. Just thought I’d throw it out there.

Read the actual text books so you can mark them up and take notes. Plus, more importantly having the actual paper form allows you to more easily review the material

Is anybody planning on exporting the EOC’s and their answers to pdf?  I’d love to have a standalone printoff of those for when review comes around…

I printed the Vital souce pages to a PDF creator and then cropped them in Adobe. Took a solid day to to make the PDF’s join them together and then crop them all but alot of it was spent watching football while the PDF creator slowly worked.
I read them on a Kindle DX. It was a little small but I think much better than reading on an LCD screen after looking at a computer all day.
I took my notes all on paper because I had to improve my handwriting for level III anyways.

I used imac and ipad exclusively to read the schweser notes but wouldn’t do it for L3
Good thing is that it’s light and portable but I like highlighting and writing side notes on actual book better. I tried to save some money by going the PDF route but definitely will get the book for L3.

Used IPad3 for studying Level 1, but Level 2 switched to Schwesser so back to the basics (books)
Good thing about a tablet is that its lighter and you can carry all the books at the same time

I use galaxy note2 and am enjoying it so far.

返回列表
上一主题:CFA improve Portfolio performance?
下一主题:Anyone considering setting up a company after the CFA