上一主题:Brutal Q
下一主题:Qbank disputes... again
返回列表 发帖

CFA and grad schemes

I am a final year economics and politics student, who decided to study for a CFA (i sit this december).

It has come to that time where have to consider grad schemes and interns. I have little knowledge of where i want to be in the investment world, as i know little of it, I AM ALSO AWARE THE CFA LEVEL 1 GUARANTEES NOTHING.

I would like to know what grad schemes and jobs would look most favorably on a student who invested their loan in taking the CFA level 1?

i have read a little about investment analysts and figured i would enjoy that, i also have enjoyed quantative analysis, and found it very easy thus far. I enjoy the competitive meritocracy of the investment world and want to head for the most meritocratic place i can find.

So to whom and how do i sell myself?

Basically, you get a bunch of people to invest money with you under the promise of a high fixed return. Then as you recruit more and more people, you can use the invested money from the new customers to pay off the guaranteed return of the older customers. It's basically foolproof and there are no recent high profile examples of this going wrong.

My neighbor Marnie Baydoff did this kind of scheme. He lives in a multimillion dollar home now with a lot of enthusiastic friends and 24/7 security.
Sweet deal.

Sounds more like a Ponzi scheme.

@ravinsu: lol.

not sure wtf is going on in here.

grad scheme = graduate scheme.

^ Can you tell us what a 'graduation scheme' is?

defone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ^ Can you tell us what a 'graduation scheme' is?

Seriously?

Assuming you're not taking the mickey....

In the UK a grad scheme is just a job with a big company or organisation (e.g. Mars, PWC, the NHS, Network Rail) that recruit lots of graduates who are fresh out of university (who will have little prior work experience experience). They will usually have one intake a year and everyone starts together. The scheme will involve plenty of training and usually have a pre-defined career path for a period of time and often experience will be gained in several different functions of the business. The companies focus their recruitment activities at their target universities - normally the Russell Group.

How did you guys end up interpreting a grad scheme as a Ponzi scheme?

that's why it's funny

返回列表
上一主题:Brutal Q
下一主题:Qbank disputes... again