返回列表 发帖

Ready to Start Again...

So last night I finally shook off the feelings of depression and started to get my head back in the right place to start studying again for Level II. I felt ready and excited (I know, crazy right), that THIS time would be different.

I think a good way to go about it if you failed is to spend 2-3 hours a week just brushing up on your study notes. Keep the stuff fresh in your head (or as fresh as you can) so none of it atrophies before November, when it all begins in earnest.

The first time around I used Schweser & their EOC questions to learn it all, then CFAI EOC questions to quiz myself, besides the practice tests of course. Assuming I am Band 6-9 come Monday.

2011 Level II will be the first re-take I will ever have done. Anyone else have any advice on how to approach a re-taking study strategy?

why now? it's too early.

wait for next Monday and then think of it.

Those are good ideas, PistolPt. You sound pretty confident that you failed in June, which either means you're pessimistic by nature or you probably did. 2010 Level II was the first time I've ever had to re-take any sort of test, as well, and it's a humbling feeling.

My advice for your approach in retaking level 2 is to convince yourself that, unlike Level 1, which was designed to test your knowledge of financial concepts, Level 2 is actually designed to *kill* you. It is the boss level. Having this mindset is particularly in the last month of studying, when you're so exhausted and tempted to convince yourself that you "know" this stuff and it would be fun to go out, etc...

Personally speaking, I think this was the first ever exam about which I have no idea if I passed or not. The idea of doing it again is scary. I am very much convinced that I should have at least done EOC questions from official books to have more confidence.

I'm with you, Pistol PT. There's a chance I could have passed but unfortunately I believe the chances I failed are greater. I'm putting myself confidently in Band 10. Was depressed for a while but like you I've started thinking about the retake. I plan on doing something similar to you, constant brief review to keep it fresh in my head. My biggest mistake on this one was prioritizing, or rather, trying to. There were areas I was a beast on and areas where I was conscious of weaknesses. No room for any weaknesses on Level II.

I did this on the evening of Jun 5th, right after the exam. That's how sure I am about a second attempt in June 2011. Although, it will set me back one year.

Should be fun!!

Glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. I remember thinking Level 1 was hard, but pretty sure I passed it. Just told people I wasn't sure because I did not want to be a D*bag. But man oh man, am I worried about Monday.

^
I feel the same way as you do about level 1 and level 2. Despite studying approx 450hrs for this level I'll be ready to do it again, as sad as that sounds. Still holding out hope though on Monday

返回列表