上一主题:Short Extention Strategies
下一主题:Hedged vs. Unhedged return
返回列表 发帖

FX hedge for Corporate Treasurers

Fellow CFAs and CFA aspirants...I need your smart opinion:

I have a tough assignment from the CFO on my first week of joining a Global real estate company. Here is the business model of the company:
The company's functional currency is USD and it basically do equity advances for real estate deals to corporate clients in four different currencies: Euro, SGD, CAD & Pound. The clients will at a later stage return the funds plus agreed interest but there is uncertainity regarding timing of receiving these funds in their respective currencies. Now my assignement is to come out with the model:
1. To measure FX exposure (G/)on an ongoing basis
2. To devise the best mechanism to hedge currency risk for such transactions. Thought of multi-notional currency pooling but damn...the mechanics are soo technical

not my area at all but i couple of questions......................how much uncertainty is surrounding the fx cashflow ...........possible to hedge with option?

just short some forward contracts kid. L3 all da way in up dis b!tch.

no my understansding is that only the timeliness not the amount is uncertain ....................interesting type real world business question tho ..........thanks for sharing

I would recommend to talk to banks that you would hedge with, they would suggest products that you could use.

When uncertain timing of cash flow, you can estimate the date and use FX swaps afterwards. Also banks sometimes offer different kind of products like forwards with variable maturity (maturity window), say 1 month long window, where you have the right choose the settlement date on the day latest.

返回列表
上一主题:Short Extention Strategies
下一主题:Hedged vs. Unhedged return