返回列表 发帖

Please Advice what to do along with L2

Hello Everyone,

I will be appearing for Level 2 in June 2011 and this will be my second time as I was not able to clear this time and ended up at Band 6.I used schweser only but don't know where I lacked.I think may be I have to be conceptually very strong.

Anyways I need advice form you specially people who are working full time.I am from India and I am a very averge student.I have done my graduation in commerce.B.COM(H) from correspndence and working in accounts profile since 21 years.I realised this thing in 4 years that without a master degree or some good degree you can't survive in this world.I repent everyday but repentence won't get me a good degree.I thought of doing MBA Part Time but won't find the value as suggested by many people.

So Please advice me working full time and CFA Level 2 June attempt what should I pursue to get a good appreciation and hike in market.I can't leave job as I have to support all my expenses on my own.

Waiting for your syggestion as It is the most valuable thing for me right now.

don't do anything ALONG WITH L2.

Figure out what to do WITH your L2 preparation. Find out where you got lower scores, build up skills there. Also build up skills on the sections where you did well, but could do better.

Use the curriculum from CFA more - instead of relying on Schweser as a prop.

You have the better part of 9 months - so use that time wisely.

Yes people will say I am wrong, that I am asking you to do too much too early. But believe me - I have been thro a Band 9 fail in 2009 and I understand what you are going through. At the end of all that preparation - you will give yourself a much better shot at passing. 300 hours, 250 hours are kind of a benchmark the institute sets - your own requirements may be much higher - so give yourself all that time.

Additionally starting early (like now) gives you some chill time later, if you need it.

CP

Thanks CP for continuing to post on the L2 forum. Very much appreciate your thoughts at this early stage on retaking the exam. Like you, I passed L1 in Dec '08 but did not make it past L2 on the first try. Your determination and eventual success are most encouraging for me and other retakers.

I've started studying again at a somewhat relaxed pace with an initial focus on weak areas. Am definitely not pushing myself too hard, but want to make sure I don't forget whole sections of the curriculum. It feels a lot easier this second time around, but things are surely going to get crazy again come Dec-Jan. At least I know I'm hardly alone on this forum the second time around.

you need to hit the weight room on top of your studying. Bicep size is strongly correlated with passing rate.

Seriously...hit the gym 5 days a week and everything will come together.

I agree. Since the exam is so rigorouos I suggest you undertake a strenuous exercise regimine to get yourself in shape for the test.

I prefer a 5 day split. Day1 - Chest, Day2 - Legs, Day3 - Back, Day4-Shoulders and Tri's, Day5 - Abs, Calves, Bicpes, and Traps. Rest on days 6 and 7.

If you follow this alone and don't study I believe your rate of success will increase 10x.

^agree. I should have done that. Regular exercise makes you more organized, at least. And it gives you energy to study.

I'd say concentrate on the level 2 exam. Concentrate on your weak areas. Get them nailed and don't leave it until the new year to start studying. Start now when the ideas are still reasonable fresh.

Thanks I have picked equity first to confront Level 2

返回列表