返回列表 发帖

Retabulation

Is anybody who got Band 10 planning to go for retabulation?

This is my score and I have a strong feeling to give it a try (though not sure how much it helps).

Level 1: Fail

Multiple Choice
Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70%
- Alternative Investments 8 - - *
- Corporate Finance 20 * - -
- Derivatives 12 - - *
- Economics 24 - - *
- Equity Investments 24 - - *
- Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * -
- Financial Reporting & Analysis 48 - - *
- Fixed Income Investments 28 - * -
- Portfolio Management 12 - * -
- Quantitative Methods 28 - - *

Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10

Please do post if you guys have heard of cases where the retabulation actually changed the result.

I did my retab last year for level 2, but no luck. I did a search as well and I did not come across any case, where the retab was successful. Hence, i think its a waste. However, for your peace of mind, if you want to retab, you could give it a go.

Man, that's rough. Like Damil said, it had to have been the Ethics score. Other than that, you're pretty solid. It's hard to say to not waste your money on a retabulation, because if I was in your seat, I'd feel fairly strongly about it. There's probably a 99.99% chance that your score will not be overturned though.

Thanks all for replying!

I submitted the retab request today. I am not too hopeful either, but just don't want to keep thinking "Should I... Shouldn't I". It would be a miracle if the result is changed to pass, still worth a try in case it was a close call.

If you have your results retabbed do they give you a more precise breakdown?

I have never heard of a successful retab but mistakes are always made. Good Luck!

saumi7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks all for replying!
>
> I submitted the retab request today. I am not too
> hopeful either, but just don't want to keep
> thinking "Should I... Shouldn't I". It would be a
> miracle if the result is changed to pass, still
> worth a try in case it was a close call.

I saw people fail that did not even have any subjects under 50%. Waste of money. Take it like a man! You can get it next time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Monday, August 3, 2009 at 04:27PM by mpnoonan.

There has only been one instance to my knowledge when a retab was successful. I believe it was the December 03 or 04 exam and there ended up being a computer error that incorrectly scored some tests. It might have been a few thousand tests but I can't remember now. Someone did a retab and the error was found so CFAI went back and reran all the tests to find all the ones that were scored incorrectly.

I did a retab a few years back strictly for peace of mind knowing full well that there was probably less than 1 in 1,000,000 chance it would be overturned. It wasn't but I still felt the $100 was worth it. Pretty irrational reason but humans aren't rational. It really is a waste of money but if it makes you feel better, go for it.

hezagenius Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There has only been one instance to my knowledge
> when a retab was successful. I believe it was the
> December 03 or 04 exam and there ended up being a
> computer error that incorrectly scored some tests.
> It might have been a few thousand tests but I
> can't remember now. Someone did a retab and the
> error was found so CFAI went back and reran all
> the tests to find all the ones that were scored
> incorrectly.
>
> I did a retab a few years back strictly for peace
> of mind knowing full well that there was probably
> less than 1 in 1,000,000 chance it would be
> overturned. It wasn't but I still felt the $100
> was worth it. Pretty irrational reason but humans
> aren't rational. It really is a waste of money
> but if it makes you feel better, go for it.

This is why the exams are all hand checked after they are run through the scantron. I think I know what you're talking about. There was a very prominent CPA who sat for the Level I in '03 who scored <50 on FRA. Naturally he was like wtf and had his results retabbed. Turns out that he used a #1 pencil or something and the scantron wasn't picking up most of his marks.

problem with retab is if they allow one to go through they will receives thousands hoping to turn the verdict around, if that happens CFA loses its creditability. my suggestion is just suck up watever score u got and work ur ass off next time

返回列表