上一主题:good book for global equity investing
下一主题:被report的就一定会收到纸质信吗?还是不追究就不会收到?
返回列表 发帖

The South African firm named Ubuntu

I noticed that the name of a South Africa firm in one of the vignettes on the exam was called Ubuntu. That certainly made my eyes light up, because I am a Linux user. Linux has many, many flavors called distros. The most popular distro is called Ubuntu. Ubuntu is an African word that means humanity to others. The joke is that Ubuntu is African for "I can't configure Debian". (Ubuntu is derived from Debian, which is considered to be difficult to use. Think of Debian as being like a manual transmission and Ubuntu as being like an automatic.)

I wonder how many other candidates took notice of the name Ubuntu like I did. I also can't help but wonder if somebody who wrote that vignette is a user of Ubuntu Linux.

I noticed it too (I am not a Linux user though).
So next year Ubuntu will compete with Vista a spanish enterprise ;-)

did you mean Afrikaan?

Dudes please don't discuss any aspect of the exam. all the hard work would you put in would be useless .

Haha! I noticed! Lightened the mood for a quick 2 seconds.

LOL I'm South African and wrote L2 the vignette made me laugh. Ubuntu is the name of a great Linux distro that was developed thanks to a South African Entrepreneur named Mark Shuttleworth who started a company called verisign and bought himself a ticket to the ISS with the Russians making him the first African in space.

The term Ubuntu is a Zulu (which is native South African language) word that directly translated means "the people" Shuttleworth wanted his OS to be for "the people" i.e. freely accessible to anyone.

mathlete Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LOL I'm South African and wrote L2 the vignette
> made me laugh. Ubuntu is the name of a great Linux
> distro that was developed thanks to a South
> African Entrepreneur named Mark Shuttleworth who
> started a company called verisign and bought
> himself a ticket to the ISS with the Russians
> making him the first African in space.
>
> The term Ubuntu is a Zulu (which is native South
> African language) word that directly translated
> means "the people" Shuttleworth wanted his OS to
> be for "the people" i.e. freely accessible to
> anyone.

nice one

返回列表
上一主题:good book for global equity investing
下一主题:被report的就一定会收到纸质信吗?还是不追究就不会收到?