返回列表 发帖

What does it mean to know and complete the EOC questions?

I'm curious what completing and doing the EOC questions means to you guys. Does it mean I know the chapter? Do they test everything?

For example, if I were to do the EOC questions in quant and get 95% of them correct, can I safely skip the quant section?

Or

After reading the sections in Equity and I do the EOC questions and get 95% correct, can I assume I know the sections and that I'll be fine on the test?

WHEN U ASSUME - you make an ASS ... (of u first and then me)

so it is just an understanding of the material u get. u still have 5% to go (based on 95%).

and then there is a ton of other untested material in the book / material, and the CFAI always finds queer ways to throw weird curveballs at u.

CP

I would differ in my opinion to the point that in completing the EOC's after reading a chapter or Study Session would point to the fact that you have achieved proper comprehension of what you have just read. This is naturally a good thing but just the first stage of your learning.

As anyone who has completed any CFA Exam knows, though, the exam day experience is such that you can't read everything the moment before the exam and then just regurgitate that information while it is fresh. As a next step, I would move on to another few study sessions and then in about a month, go back and test yourself on either these questions or preferably new questions (from maybe a QBank or other sources) that can test your retention after filling your head with a whole different area of study. Once you can come back and get 80%+ on these questions without having immediately reviewed the work you are in my opinion then ready for the exam on that topic.

So what you guys are saying is that the EOC is great, but there really is no way to test your knowledge for level 2. You just read the chapters, do the EOC, read the chapters again, do the EOC, repeat ad nauseum, check the LOS to see if you know those things, and then take the test and pray that you didn't screw up?

That seems kind of stupid.

With level 1, when I did the EOC and the Scheweser questions, after going through each section and getting all of the answers correct, I was reasonably sure I could pass and I did. With level 2, I've read that Schweser and whatnot don't have good questions, so there has to be something no?

If this really is the case then I'll signup for level 2 tonight and start studying for next June.

SocratesCFA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So what you guys are saying is that the EOC is
> great, but there really is no way to test your
> knowledge for level 2. You just read the
> chapters, do the EOC, read the chapters again, do
> the EOC, repeat ad nauseum, check the LOS to see
> if you know those things, and then take the test
> and pray that you didn't screw up?
>
> That seems kind of stupid.
>
> With level 1, when I did the EOC and the Scheweser
> questions, after going through each section and
> getting all of the answers correct, I was
> reasonably sure I could pass and I did. With
> level 2, I've read that Schweser and whatnot don't
> have good questions, so there has to be something
> no?
>
> If this really is the case then I'll signup for
> level 2 tonight and start studying for next June.

No, what I am saying is that you should read the chapter and review your comprehensive at the end with EOC's. Assuming a good score, you can move on comfortable in the fact that your have comprehended it. Despite this, I found 2 to 3 months later (once you have completed the whole syllabus) that I had trouble even spelling Quantitative Methods let alone knowing how to apply them.

In light of this, I found that giving myself another test of the questions a month later (without reading the text) showed where I had actually internalised the information as opposed to being just able to regurgitate it 30 mins after having read it. This is the suggestion I provided.

On the other side of this second test of the EOC's (or even better questions you have never seen before), you will either get a good score which signals that you will probably be able to apply in the exam or a poor score in which it is quite clear that your actual comprehension is not what you first thought it was.

A further point I would make is that the material in Level II is not IMO considerably harder to understand, but the structure of questions in the vignette format are harder to answer as the testers at the CFA will combine multiple areas of the topic (along with MC options that are based on common mistakes) that will test whether you are having a guess, know something alright or really understand it. Unfortunately, it is only the last option (or a successful guess) that will get you through. This is one major difference to Level I where if you know something alright you will probably be able to get the answer.

Thank you herrgrunta. I should have added "with the exception of herrgrunta" to my previous post. I appreciate your advice.

Quick question, when you say "On the other side of this second test of the EOC's (or even better questions you have never seen before)" where would one get these questions which have never been seen before?

SocratesCFA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you herrgrunta. I should have added "with
> the exception of herrgrunta" to my previous post.
> I appreciate your advice.
>
> Quick question, when you say "On the other side of
> this second test of the EOC's (or even better
> questions you have never seen before)" where would
> one get these questions which have never been seen
> before?

In my own case I used the Schweser study materials and had access to Qbank which I found invaluable for the purpose you are describing here. Other options outside of this may be websites (Analyst Notes provide limited practice questions without paying) or alternatively do around half of the EOC's to test your original understanding and then go back to the other questions at your second attempt.

On the topic of Schwesers Qbank, as others have noted on this forum, the questions are still typically in the single MCQ format, which as I have said above it good for testing comprehension but not great at testing your ability to answer in the case study-vignette format. Schweser to provide as part of the Essential's package the 6 Mock Exams which are great as a final prep for answering these type of questions (please note I am not on commission here). Overall a helpful additional resource.

I see what you're saying. Thanks!

返回列表