返回列表 发帖

Tips For Effective Preparation

Hiii,

I'm relatively new to CFA , I have booked my exam this December. As I do not have much

time, I just wanted to know whether Schweser 2011 edition should be sufficient for my

preparation or I should study the provided material as well.

If Schweser 2011 alone is not sufficient please tell me the topics for which I have to refer the given material.

It would be great if you could give me other valuable inputs for a quick prperartion

Thank You

Well I just cleared my Level 1 in June 2011. I studied Swheser 2011 notes and completed Ethics Standards (Not GIPS) from the CFAI textbooks. Go through Shweser Study Notes and if you find any difficulty then consult the Curriculum. For quick preparation the best thing is to allocate your time according to the weight-age of the subjects. Try to fully grasp the areas which have more weight-age. It's better if you retain things in spite of understanding and figuring out their logic. I know it might seem odd but your purpose is to go through the exam and Level 1 is more about retaining the information. When you give your first reading try making short notes, bullet points and pictorial representations (flow charts, diagrams etc) of what you read. This will help you out in revision and will save loads of your time. Don't panic and when you find you are getting overburdened; take some break. You don't only require passion to pass out the exam but also a scientific approach. Plan your leisure activities so that you remain fresh and while you study fizzle out any prior knowledge which you have and only focus on the text. After you complete your readings the least you should do are the CFAI text books End of Chapter questions.

My routine for studying was I started off with Fixed Income, Quantitative Methods, FRA, Corporate Finance, Portfolio, Equity, Derivatives, Alternate Investments, Ethics and Economics.

Initially it will take you around 15 days to get some pace. Your learning speed would be less and you'd require more time in grasping out the things. When you start your reading don't keep on giving the first reading to whole text first. The best part would be read something new and then repeat the old one so that you may retain over the passage of time.

Good Luck!

Thanks a lot ...It was of great help

You are welcome. If you require any further help just post on the forum. You can also email me at mohammad.belaal@live.com.

返回列表